- Simple to setup, Great Bluetooth reception
- Nothing of note
The Sudio Linc is an extremely simple device, but it does a great job of adding Bluetooth connectivity to your laptop or desktop PC without any hassles.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Sudio Linc is a simple USB dongle that gives your PC Bluetooth connectivity. It doesn't do anything fancy, but for those longing for a little extra wireless functionality at a low cost it may be just right.
It comes with a set of drivers on an 8cm DVD and they installed without hassle. We were then given the option to scan for surrounding Bluetooth devices, all of which were picked up quickly. It only took a further few seconds to connect to our pair of Bluetooth headphones.
The connection remained strong throughout our testing, with no drop outs or signal weakening. Using the Linc is basically identical to using a notebook or PC with built in Bluetooth.
Other options are available in the software package too, including automatic wireless file transfer, remote camera connection and Bluetooth radio.
Aesthetically the Linc is nothing special. It looks just like a regular USB flash drive and thus it can be plugged in and hidden away at the back of your machine. Of course it is also light weight and relatively durable, meaning it is easy to take on the road.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSAP SD/MM ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- CCChange and Communications Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW