- Sleek and stylish, ease of use, battery life, auto-off feature, decent quality
- Not as crisp or clear as some other models on the market
The Silhouette is a stylish yet effective handsfree speakerphone.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Sporting a trendy gloss black and chrome finish, Sudio's compact Silhouette is a fairly standard but effective handsfree speakerphone. With decent clarity and good volume levels, it's an ideal option if you are looking for some wireless freedom in your car.
The Silhouette has been designed mainly for in-car use, but it can also be used at home or in the office. The detachable sun visor clip conveniently doubles as a small desk stand. The unit itself is sleek and slim (though quite long) and the gloss black finish and chrome highlight adds a nice touch.
Pairing is a simple process; simply turn the Silhouette on by holding down the large power button on the front, then hold down the volume button for four seconds to enter pairing mode. Once connected, operation is simple as the unit only has three buttons. Tapping the large answer/end call button answers and ends incoming and outgoing calls, while two volume buttons on either side handle in-call volume. The Silhouette can pair with up to five phones.
Bluetooth connectivity is solid; the range is a fairly standard 10 metres. Once connected, we found volume to be excellent, both for incoming and outgoing communication. The microphone was able to clearly pick up speech, and the speaker produced good, if not outstanding audio. We did find that voice isn't as crisp or clear as we would have liked though, despite the presence of Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology. For best results, you'll have to close your car windows in order to create the quietest environment possible. Those with convertibles are best advised to look elsewhere, as the Silhouette isn't very kind to wind noise.
The Silhouette supports voice dialling (provided this is a feature of your phone) and last number redialling. You can also mute the microphone and transfer a call from the speaker phone to your handset or vice versa.
A small, LED display sits at the top of the unit and features four different icons to inform you of low battery, calls, Bluetooth connection and power. The Silhouette comes with both a USB charging cable and an in-car cigarette lighter charger, but no AC charger. Conveniently, an auto-off function means the unit powers off after an hour when not connected to a phone in order to preserve the battery life – rated at up to 12 hours talk time and 500 hours standby time.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT