- Sleek and stylish, ease of use, battery life, auto-off feature, decent quality
- Not as crisp or clear as some other models on the market
The Silhouette is a stylish yet effective handsfree speakerphone.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Sporting a trendy gloss black and chrome finish, Sudio's compact Silhouette is a fairly standard but effective handsfree speakerphone. With decent clarity and good volume levels, it's an ideal option if you are looking for some wireless freedom in your car.
The Silhouette has been designed mainly for in-car use, but it can also be used at home or in the office. The detachable sun visor clip conveniently doubles as a small desk stand. The unit itself is sleek and slim (though quite long) and the gloss black finish and chrome highlight adds a nice touch.
Pairing is a simple process; simply turn the Silhouette on by holding down the large power button on the front, then hold down the volume button for four seconds to enter pairing mode. Once connected, operation is simple as the unit only has three buttons. Tapping the large answer/end call button answers and ends incoming and outgoing calls, while two volume buttons on either side handle in-call volume. The Silhouette can pair with up to five phones.
Bluetooth connectivity is solid; the range is a fairly standard 10 metres. Once connected, we found volume to be excellent, both for incoming and outgoing communication. The microphone was able to clearly pick up speech, and the speaker produced good, if not outstanding audio. We did find that voice isn't as crisp or clear as we would have liked though, despite the presence of Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology. For best results, you'll have to close your car windows in order to create the quietest environment possible. Those with convertibles are best advised to look elsewhere, as the Silhouette isn't very kind to wind noise.
The Silhouette supports voice dialling (provided this is a feature of your phone) and last number redialling. You can also mute the microphone and transfer a call from the speaker phone to your handset or vice versa.
A small, LED display sits at the top of the unit and features four different icons to inform you of low battery, calls, Bluetooth connection and power. The Silhouette comes with both a USB charging cable and an in-car cigarette lighter charger, but no AC charger. Conveniently, an auto-off function means the unit powers off after an hour when not connected to a phone in order to preserve the battery life – rated at up to 12 hours talk time and 500 hours standby time.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- 5G progress at Ericsson could help enterprises work worldwide
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- FTJunior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT