- about the Synology disk station
- ethernet port
- • • •
hi i just want to know that if this synology diskstation has a ethernet port in it thanks
Synology DiskStation DS411slim NAS device
The Synology DiskStation DS411slim is a good-performing NAS box that's economical in its power usage and fits in tight spaces.
- Small size
- Good performer
- No locking mechanism for drives
Put simply, the Synology DiskStation DS411slim is a great little NAS unit, emphasis on the words little and great.
Price$ 370.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 2 stores)
The Synology DiskStation DS411slim is a compact and speedy 4-bay NAS (Network-Attached Storage) device. At about half the size of the average two-bay NAS enclosure, the four-bay Synology DiskStation DS411Slim is a great option when you need a lot of storage capacity (up to 6TB) but physical space is at a premium.
To achieve its compact form, the DS411slim simply uses bays designed for 2.5-inch drives (as opposed to 3.5-inch drives). But despite its diminutive size, this unit doesn’t lack for power: It's every bit as capable as any Synology box, which is saying a lot.
The slim in the Synology DiskStation DS411slim's name is actually a bit of a misnomer-it's small, but not slim in any dimension. That said, it will fit in places the normal NAS box won't, and using 2.5-inch drives saves power. It also has two USB 2.0 ports, one on the front next to the copy button so you can easily back up USB drives to the unit, and the other on back, directly underneath the eSATA connector. The drives slide easily out the back of the unit, which leads to my only complaint: It lacks a locking mechanism for the drives, which are relatively secure but held in place only by pressure.
Synology's windows-in-a-browser DiskManager Station 3.1 operating system is the current role model for the industry. Used on all its NAS enclosures, DSM is highly capable with features like iTunes and DLNA-certified media serving; email and website hosting; and remote access via FTP, HTTP, FTPS, HTTPS, and dedicated audio, photo, and download interfaces.
Synology's NAS units are ideal small business servers, especially in light of their rsync syncing between NAS boxes. Set up two rsync-capable boxes in remote locations and they can mirror each other--amounting to offsite, online backup without the yearly fees.
I tested the DS411slim with 2.5-inch, 500GB drives. Configured in a RAID 0 array, the unit averaged approximately 45 MBps writing data to its drives, and about 58 MBps reading from them during my hands-on tests on a gigabit network. That's quite fast (especially considering these were 5400-rpm, 2.5-inch drives), and not much slower than Synology's DS211+.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- The cheapest way to buy an iPad from Apple
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW