TDK Tremor xa60
- Quality sound, thin and light satellite speakers, headphone out jack, sub can be placed either vertically or horizontally, auto off function, looks good
- Power button inconveniently located at back of sub, bass levels could be higher
A recommended set of desktop computer speakers. It delivers quality sound for a competitive price.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
The TDK Tremor xa60 system is a futuristic-looking set of desktop speakers that packs quite a punch in terms of sound quality--all for a fairly low price.
The Tremors have NXT technology built into the two satellite speakers. TDK claims a larger "sweet spot", which means that users don't have to be seated directly in front of the speakers to hear their full quality. After a full week's use, we can say that we were very impressed with the overall sound quality. Sound levels remained clear and crisp even when we were quite a distance from the unit.
The xa60 system includes two extremely thin and light satellite speakers and a subwoofer that can be placed either horizontally or vertically. The rear of the subwoofer houses colour coded inputs for all wires, which makes the Tremors very easy to set up. Also included on the subwoofer are a headphone jack and LED light on the front and a power switch on the rear. Our gripe with the power switch is its location, and we feel it would have been better on the front of the subwoofer for easier access. Additionally, for those who keep their subwoofer down below on the floor or at the bottom of a computer desk, it will be quite a hassle to reach behind the unit to switch it off all the time.
TDK has included a handy auto-off system, which may solve the above issue to some extent. After several hours of inactivity, the xa60 switches to standby mode.
The subwoofer provides a substantial amount of bass without overpowering the satellite speakers. We couldn't help but feel it probably lacked a little punch, but considering its size and power, it does a good job. The bass level is adjustable via a large dial at the front of the subwoofer, alongside a much smaller dial for treble control. Whether you are playing games or simply listening to music, it is worth spending some time adjusting the bass and treble levels to deliver the best quality sound.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's new $200 GeForce GTX 1060 3GB challenges the Radeon RX 480 head-on
- Corsair and MSI team up on a liquid-cooled, overclocked GeForce GTX 1080
- AMD's new SSG Technology blends an SSD with a GPU?!
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCData ModellerACT