TechSmith Snagit 9.1
This handy screen-capture tool just continues to get better.
- Enhancements make it worth the upgrade
- Nothing of note
The enhancements in Snagit 9.1 aren't major changes, but they're useful. If you already have an earlier version, it's worth upgrading to Snagit 9.1. And if you don't yet use this screen-capture program, now is a great time to start.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
The handy Snagit screen-capture tool just continues to get better. The latest version, Snagit 9.1, enhances Snagit's already-excellent editing features.
Although only a few new features are added, they make Snagit easier and faster to use.
Like previous versions, Snagit 9.1 captures all or portions of what you see on your computer screen.
You can set it to capture designated regions, windows, a full screen, scrolling windows, and brief videos. Other than some minor cosmetic tweaks, version 9.1 doesn't make any changes to Snagit's screen capturing features. What it does enhance is Snagit's editing features.
These editing tools just got a major overhaul in version 9, which was released a few months ago. Snagit 9.1 makes only minor changes, but they're definitely time savers.
One of these is a new Live Preview feature that lets you see what Snagit 9.1's editing options will look like before you apply them. All you have to do is mouse over the option in the toolbar, and you'll automatically see how the feature will make your image look - no clicking required.
The new Mini Toolbar is not as flashy, but it's also handy. When you apply an editing feature to your image, such as adding text, a mini toolbar automatically pops up right next to where you're working. This allows you to have easy access to some of the features you're likely to need, such as changing font or font size when adding text to a screen capture.
Other updates in Snagit 9.1 include an organised stamp gallery, which makes your stamps easier to find. Any stamps you download from TechSmith are automatically sorted into categories. And a new auto-store export feature builds on the auto-store feature introduced in version 9, which saves every screen capture automatically. The export feature lets you take these unsaved screen captures to another computer, by exporting them to an optical or USB drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- IBM and Microsoft pledge to make their Clouds compatible
- Some Bank of America customers double-charged with Apple Pay
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW