TechSmith Snagit 9.1
This handy screen-capture tool just continues to get better.
- Enhancements make it worth the upgrade
- Nothing of note
The enhancements in Snagit 9.1 aren't major changes, but they're useful. If you already have an earlier version, it's worth upgrading to Snagit 9.1. And if you don't yet use this screen-capture program, now is a great time to start.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The handy Snagit screen-capture tool just continues to get better. The latest version, Snagit 9.1, enhances Snagit's already-excellent editing features.
Although only a few new features are added, they make Snagit easier and faster to use.
Like previous versions, Snagit 9.1 captures all or portions of what you see on your computer screen.
You can set it to capture designated regions, windows, a full screen, scrolling windows, and brief videos. Other than some minor cosmetic tweaks, version 9.1 doesn't make any changes to Snagit's screen capturing features. What it does enhance is Snagit's editing features.
These editing tools just got a major overhaul in version 9, which was released a few months ago. Snagit 9.1 makes only minor changes, but they're definitely time savers.
One of these is a new Live Preview feature that lets you see what Snagit 9.1's editing options will look like before you apply them. All you have to do is mouse over the option in the toolbar, and you'll automatically see how the feature will make your image look - no clicking required.
The new Mini Toolbar is not as flashy, but it's also handy. When you apply an editing feature to your image, such as adding text, a mini toolbar automatically pops up right next to where you're working. This allows you to have easy access to some of the features you're likely to need, such as changing font or font size when adding text to a screen capture.
Other updates in Snagit 9.1 include an organised stamp gallery, which makes your stamps easier to find. Any stamps you download from TechSmith are automatically sorted into categories. And a new auto-store export feature builds on the auto-store feature introduced in version 9, which saves every screen capture automatically. The export feature lets you take these unsaved screen captures to another computer, by exporting them to an optical or USB drive.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- Windows Vista has just 30 days to live
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- CCProject LeadNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- FTAgile CoachVIC
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTHyperion SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Business Process Analyst x 3 - (government background)NSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW