Teds Camera Store Online Photo Printing
- Cheap if you buy in bulk, Panoramic shot
- Clunky software, Expensive postage
If you want a few 8x12 inch prints or some bulk purchases, check Ted's service out. For smaller batches the postage and higher costs mean there's better options elsewhere.
Price$ 0.39 (AUD)
Ted's is the most popular camera store on the internet, so it was a logical progression for them to branch out into photo printing. The service they offer is based on AGFA's infrastructure, and is competitively priced when you buy in bulk.
The cost is comparable to Harvey Norman's prices when you purchase over 100 copies. $0.29 for a standard shot and $1.00 for a 6x8 is as cheap as they come and $1.75 for an 8x12 is nothing short of phenomenal. That said the cost goes up to about average when purchasing a more normal amount of prints. Standard 4x6 shots will then cost you $0.39 and 6x8s set you back $2.00, but the 8x12 is still fantastic value. For bigger prints this should be your first choice.
Ted's doesn't offer the greatest range of shot sizes, with this print being their maximum, however they do have a 4x12 inch panoramic shot, which may be appropriate for those that enjoy stitching together multiple pictures. No other options are available to customise your prints.
The low cost is somewhat mitigated by ridiculously high postage costs. Some companies offer delivery for as little as $2.50, so Ted's $5.5 for under 100 shots, and monstrous $11 for orders over that amount will significantly add to the cost of some orders. Postage will typically take 5-7 days but we found it to be much quicker, and got our shots in just three days. You also have the option of picking up from a Ted's store, of which there are several across the country.
We found Ted's interface to be useable, but not fantastic. The proprietary software doesn't quite walk you through the process like others do, and it took us a few minutes to successfully navigate our way to payment. Like most of it's competitors, it offers basic image editing options, but nothing too fancy.
Images produced by the AGFA printing service were quite good, but noticeably darker than the competition. In comparable foliage shots, the shadows around the leaves were a very dark green, compared to a lighter shade in other shots. The one exception to this seemed to be the colour red, which was much lighter than in any of our other shots. Edges were crisp and reasonably sharp. Overall, these were not the best shots we've looked at, but there will satisfy most people.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- Google will start adding Assistant to Nougat and Marshmallow phones this week
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPProject OfficerNSW
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW