THQ Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
The gap-toothed sponge we all find strangely amusing stars in another video game that turns out to be better than expected. Fancy that.
- Cool control scheme
- Simple gameplay won't appeal to some
It all works quite well and should prove entertaining to the little ones. The quirky humour and gameplay will be a little too simple for more mature tastes but younger gamers should definitely tune into this one.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Let us admit something that most adults won't: we love Spongebob Squarepants. We can't get enough of his nautical adventures. Honestly, we probably appreciate the little yellow guy more than most children do. But as great as the show is, the video games haven't been so great, so we were a little hesitant to give Creature from the Krusty Krab a try.
But, must to our surprise, the game is actually decent. The best part is the control scheme, which takes full advantage of the touch screen. You swipe the stylus left or right to make the characters move, you swipe down to make them stop and you swipe up to make them jump. You can also interact with the environment using the stylus: for instance, you can pull switches to lower bridges and stun enemies with a quick tap.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 8 insider tips to help you become a Pokémon master
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Awesome: Hitman's next elusive assassination target is Gary "Wildcard" Busey
- Microsoft's slimmed-down Xbox One S launches August 2
- Star Wars: Trials on Tatooine brings free VR lightsaber battles to Steam today
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT