- • • •
I rate Toshiba A100 tums DOWN coz overheats fast and it shutdown itself
Toshiba Satellite A100
- Great battery life, Good all rounder
- Comparatively poor performance
The Tecra A7 may be the wiser option as it offers better performance for a similar price, but it depends on whether you value battery life or graphics performance.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 15 stores)
The A100 is designed as an all-round notebook that would be a good buy for students, considering its price and specifications. It features an Intel Core Duo Processor T2300 running at 1.66GHz, 512MB DDR2 RAM and a 128MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 graphics processor.
Its LCD panel is a 15.4in TruBrite widescreen with a native resolution of 1280x800, and it looks very good under most light conditions. A SuperMulti, double-layer DVD burner with a maximum speed of 2.4x for DVD + R DL media and a 60GB Serial ATA hard drive complete the storage specs.
In our performance tests, it scored 83 in PC WorldBench 5, and 10,363 in 3DMark 2001SE. When compared to the Toshiba Tecra A7, which costs $80 less and uses an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics adapter, the A100 lags in 3-D performance by about 2000 points. Its battery life is better than the Tecra A7, lasting 147min under worst case conditions - nearly an hour longer than the A7.
Hotkeys reside on the blue, illuminated trackpad for ease of navigation, as well as on the side of the keyboard. There is also a fingerprint reader, for security.
All the necessary connectivity options have been catered for, including Bluetooth 2.0 EDR (enhanced data rate), a 5-in-1 media reader, FireWire, Infrared with a remote control, 4 x USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi a/b/g.
Latest News Articles
- Google invites Glass wearers to brave LA's beaches
- Telerik frees HTML5 collection of components
- Space X rocket en route to ISS with space laser cargo
- AMD steers clear of low-cost tablet market
- Experts: Avoid big mistakes with Oracle's Exadata
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Top 5 reasons to hate the Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 5 Five flaws in Samsung Galaxy S5's TouchWiz
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.