- Low-cost DLP
- Dark, confusing menu system
The TDP-S25 improves on its S20 predecessor, but still lags behind competitors.
Price$ 1,998.70 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 7 stores)
The Toshiba's DLP technology generates a darker, more vibrant colour palette than that of an LCD projector. Its 2000:1 contrast ratio is much greater than the 400:1 and 500:1 ratios of the average LCD model. (In their favour, LCD projectors have more focused images.)
A brightness rating of 1800 ANSI lumens ensures that the projector will run well in a variety of light settings. The S25 weighs 3kg and is restricted to a native resolution support of 800 x 600 (SVGA).
The Toshiba is a little dark, and the bewildering menu system means it's hard to perfect the picture. This is a shame because the TDPS25's standard noise rating of 36dB is quieter than some of its competitors. In economy mode, the S25 can be cut to an extremely discreet 33dB.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- IEEE standards group wants to bring order to IoT
- InfiniDB going out of business, but its database will live on as open source
- FCC questions how to enforce net neutrality rules
- SAP CEO Bill McDermott on why Concur is worth $8.3 billion
- Alibaba shares open at a high $92.70
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.