Toshiba Australia Pty Ltd TDP-S25
- Low-cost DLP
- Dark, confusing menu system
The TDP-S25 improves on its S20 predecessor, but still lags behind competitors.
Price$ 1,998.70 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
- Numbers by Hinkler Books Pty Ltd 9.39
- Colours by Hinkler Books Pty Ltd 6.44
- Sounds by Hinkler Books Pty Ltd 6.44
The Toshiba's DLP technology generates a darker, more vibrant colour palette than that of an LCD projector. Its 2000:1 contrast ratio is much greater than the 400:1 and 500:1 ratios of the average LCD model. (In their favour, LCD projectors have more focused images.)
A brightness rating of 1800 ANSI lumens ensures that the projector will run well in a variety of light settings. The S25 weighs 3kg and is restricted to a native resolution support of 800 x 600 (SVGA).
The Toshiba is a little dark, and the bewildering menu system means it's hard to perfect the picture. This is a shame because the TDPS25's standard noise rating of 36dB is quieter than some of its competitors. In economy mode, the S25 can be cut to an extremely discreet 33dB.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- WD celebrates 10-year anniversary of My Passport with sleeker, more stylish models
- Seagate goes after small business market with new NAS devices
- Analysis of tweets around Ferguson shows Twitter's quick grip on the news
- The UPS Store says malware found on systems of 51 stores
- Tablets priced under $35 on the horizon
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.