- Easy to use, Simple, Free
- Laborious activation/Download procedure
For Outlook users, using Translution Light is a no-brainer. It's free, it's incredibly simple to use, it works and you should get it right now.
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Translution Light is one of those applications that feels as though it just has to be introduced into a future version of Outlook, offering a convenient and intuitive instant translation service for emails.
Once you've downloaded the software from its website and gone through the somewhat laborious activation procedure, you're free to translate to and from English, German, French, Italian and Spanish, at the click of a mouse. The application adds itself demurely to your Outlook menu, sitting between 'Action' and 'Help'.
Suppose you wanted to use Outlook to send an email in English to colleagues in France, Germany, Spain or Italy. Before clicking 'Send' you can choose either 'Set language for recipient' from the 'Translution' menu to permanently assign a language, or 'Translate' if the email is a one-off. Not only will Translution automatically translate your message into your chosen language, it will also translate back into English when the recipient responds. What's more, unlike many popular translation tools out there, we found the responses were readable and actually made sense. Now that's what we call clever. Despite the Light version being Freeware, we experienced no significant problems and the program worked without any fuss. The convenient, yet simple interface ideally slots effortlessly into the Outlook menu and is easily accessible.
Translution is available on two product levels. There is a free restricted version in the form of Translution Light, designed for Outlook users - it won't work on web pages or documents. There is also a Pro version, which allows you to translate web pages and Word documents, as well as Outlook email messages. Translution Pro is offered on a free trial basis for 30 days as a no-risk option and businesses with colleagues, contacts or suppliers in France, Spain, Germany or Italy may benefit from the addition of translatable Word documents and webpages that come with this version.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT