- Easy to use, Simple, Free
- Laborious activation/Download procedure
For Outlook users, using Translution Light is a no-brainer. It's free, it's incredibly simple to use, it works and you should get it right now.
Translution Light is one of those applications that feels as though it just has to be introduced into a future version of Outlook, offering a convenient and intuitive instant translation service for emails.
Once you've downloaded the software from its website and gone through the somewhat laborious activation procedure, you're free to translate to and from English, German, French, Italian and Spanish, at the click of a mouse. The application adds itself demurely to your Outlook menu, sitting between 'Action' and 'Help'.
Suppose you wanted to use Outlook to send an email in English to colleagues in France, Germany, Spain or Italy. Before clicking 'Send' you can choose either 'Set language for recipient' from the 'Translution' menu to permanently assign a language, or 'Translate' if the email is a one-off. Not only will Translution automatically translate your message into your chosen language, it will also translate back into English when the recipient responds. What's more, unlike many popular translation tools out there, we found the responses were readable and actually made sense. Now that's what we call clever. Despite the Light version being Freeware, we experienced no significant problems and the program worked without any fuss. The convenient, yet simple interface ideally slots effortlessly into the Outlook menu and is easily accessible.
Translution is available on two product levels. There is a free restricted version in the form of Translution Light, designed for Outlook users - it won't work on web pages or documents. There is also a Pro version, which allows you to translate web pages and Word documents, as well as Outlook email messages. Translution Pro is offered on a free trial basis for 30 days as a no-risk option and businesses with colleagues, contacts or suppliers in France, Spain, Germany or Italy may benefit from the addition of translatable Word documents and webpages that come with this version.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Latest News Articles
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationVIC
- FTIT Operations Manager / IT Business ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCScrum Master/ Agile CoachVIC
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD