- Easy to use, Simple, Free
- Laborious activation/Download procedure
For Outlook users, using Translution Light is a no-brainer. It's free, it's incredibly simple to use, it works and you should get it right now.
Best Deals (Selling at 17 stores)
Translution Light is one of those applications that feels as though it just has to be introduced into a future version of Outlook, offering a convenient and intuitive instant translation service for emails.
Once you've downloaded the software from its website and gone through the somewhat laborious activation procedure, you're free to translate to and from English, German, French, Italian and Spanish, at the click of a mouse. The application adds itself demurely to your Outlook menu, sitting between 'Action' and 'Help'.
Suppose you wanted to use Outlook to send an email in English to colleagues in France, Germany, Spain or Italy. Before clicking 'Send' you can choose either 'Set language for recipient' from the 'Translution' menu to permanently assign a language, or 'Translate' if the email is a one-off. Not only will Translution automatically translate your message into your chosen language, it will also translate back into English when the recipient responds. What's more, unlike many popular translation tools out there, we found the responses were readable and actually made sense. Now that's what we call clever. Despite the Light version being Freeware, we experienced no significant problems and the program worked without any fuss. The convenient, yet simple interface ideally slots effortlessly into the Outlook menu and is easily accessible.
Translution is available on two product levels. There is a free restricted version in the form of Translution Light, designed for Outlook users - it won't work on web pages or documents. There is also a Pro version, which allows you to translate web pages and Word documents, as well as Outlook email messages. Translution Pro is offered on a free trial basis for 30 days as a no-risk option and businesses with colleagues, contacts or suppliers in France, Spain, Germany or Italy may benefit from the addition of translatable Word documents and webpages that come with this version.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Windows 10 growth slows, but breaks 100M device mark
- Google Photos’ big, helpful Android update goes live
- Microsoft’s Sydney store will open its doors on 12 November
- Tim Cook on Apple and Microsoft partnership: 'It's what customers want'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW