UK's Kalender is a free, no-frills, simple-to-use calendar and scheduling program
- Free, portable version available
- Doesn't import or export via the iCal calendar format, won't synch with online calendars
A useful if limited calendar and scheduling program, UK's Kalender is well worth a look.
Using UK's Kalender you'll be able to easily set up single events or recurring events, as well as colour code them and add unique icons to make it easy to recognise them. The program includes holidays, so that you won't need to enter them yourself; they'll already be scheduled in.
You can also assign each event to a category, and then search for events using categories or via a text search, so that it's easy to find any scheduled event. There are also some nice touches here, such as a reporting capability that will show you the number of times you scheduled certain event. You also get alarms, and multiple ways you get to view your calendar, including weekly, fortnightly (a two-week view), monthly, or annually. There's also a useful to-do list creator.
If you're looking for something beyond basic, though, you'll want to look elsewhere. UK's Kalender doesn't import or export via the iCal calendar format, and it won't synch with online calendars such as Google Calendar. And if you get invitations via email, you won't be able to import them into the program.
However, if you don't need those capabilities, you'll find UK's Kalender a straightforward calendaring program worth the download. Now there's also a version of this program designed to work with removable drives such as USB drives so that you can take your calendar with you when using PCs other than your main one.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Latest News Articles
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC