UK's Kalender is a free, no-frills, simple-to-use calendar and scheduling program
- Free, portable version available
- Doesn't import or export via the iCal calendar format, won't synch with online calendars
A useful if limited calendar and scheduling program, UK's Kalender is well worth a look.
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Using UK's Kalender you'll be able to easily set up single events or recurring events, as well as colour code them and add unique icons to make it easy to recognise them. The program includes holidays, so that you won't need to enter them yourself; they'll already be scheduled in.
You can also assign each event to a category, and then search for events using categories or via a text search, so that it's easy to find any scheduled event. There are also some nice touches here, such as a reporting capability that will show you the number of times you scheduled certain event. You also get alarms, and multiple ways you get to view your calendar, including weekly, fortnightly (a two-week view), monthly, or annually. There's also a useful to-do list creator.
If you're looking for something beyond basic, though, you'll want to look elsewhere. UK's Kalender doesn't import or export via the iCal calendar format, and it won't synch with online calendars such as Google Calendar. And if you get invitations via email, you won't be able to import them into the program.
However, if you don't need those capabilities, you'll find UK's Kalender a straightforward calendaring program worth the download. Now there's also a version of this program designed to work with removable drives such as USB drives so that you can take your calendar with you when using PCs other than your main one.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turnbull touts UNSW’s quantum capability as “world’s best”
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Chrome turns 50 and stands at a crossroads
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- TreasuryNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW