Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
DVD authoring software can be divided into two main camps: professional applications which can be difficult to use, but provide complete control; and those like DVD MovieFactory, where simplicity is the key.
The program is available in two versions: a standard package offering basic editing and disc burning, and the more expensive Disc Creator Edition, for creating music and photo discs.
If you want to produce a disc as quickly as possible, the latest version of MovieFactory includes several improvements.
With Auto-Fit to Disk, MovieFactory 4.0 calculates how to fit your video on to one disc at the best possible quality. Quite useful. However, the ability to capture digital video broadcast (DVB-T) on the fly is less so. If quality matters so much, you should be using a professional application. MovieFactory was previously criticised for sacrificing a little too much complexity in pursuit of ease of use. This seems to have been addressed - in the Disc Creator package at least. Anyone who purchases this title will also be able to create music CDs or DVDs, including MP3 and DVD-audio discs. You get some of the new features mentioned above, such as Auto-Fit, as well.
DVD MovieFactory 4.0 also has tem-plates, menu layouts and navigation presets that will add gloss to your project.
Verdict MovieFactory 4.0 is a product for the occasional user. Despite the extra features, its straightforward interface could be frustrating for authors who wish to experiment. Our recommendation is for the more expensive Disc Creator package.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA