Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
DVD authoring software can be divided into two main camps: professional applications which can be difficult to use, but provide complete control; and those like DVD MovieFactory, where simplicity is the key.
The program is available in two versions: a standard package offering basic editing and disc burning, and the more expensive Disc Creator Edition, for creating music and photo discs.
If you want to produce a disc as quickly as possible, the latest version of MovieFactory includes several improvements.
With Auto-Fit to Disk, MovieFactory 4.0 calculates how to fit your video on to one disc at the best possible quality. Quite useful. However, the ability to capture digital video broadcast (DVB-T) on the fly is less so. If quality matters so much, you should be using a professional application. MovieFactory was previously criticised for sacrificing a little too much complexity in pursuit of ease of use. This seems to have been addressed - in the Disc Creator package at least. Anyone who purchases this title will also be able to create music CDs or DVDs, including MP3 and DVD-audio discs. You get some of the new features mentioned above, such as Auto-Fit, as well.
DVD MovieFactory 4.0 also has tem-plates, menu layouts and navigation presets that will add gloss to your project.
Verdict MovieFactory 4.0 is a product for the occasional user. Despite the extra features, its straightforward interface could be frustrating for authors who wish to experiment. Our recommendation is for the more expensive Disc Creator package.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting background | $71 phVIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMQLD