Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
DVD authoring software can be divided into two main camps: professional applications which can be difficult to use, but provide complete control; and those like DVD MovieFactory, where simplicity is the key.
The program is available in two versions: a standard package offering basic editing and disc burning, and the more expensive Disc Creator Edition, for creating music and photo discs.
If you want to produce a disc as quickly as possible, the latest version of MovieFactory includes several improvements.
With Auto-Fit to Disk, MovieFactory 4.0 calculates how to fit your video on to one disc at the best possible quality. Quite useful. However, the ability to capture digital video broadcast (DVB-T) on the fly is less so. If quality matters so much, you should be using a professional application. MovieFactory was previously criticised for sacrificing a little too much complexity in pursuit of ease of use. This seems to have been addressed - in the Disc Creator package at least. Anyone who purchases this title will also be able to create music CDs or DVDs, including MP3 and DVD-audio discs. You get some of the new features mentioned above, such as Auto-Fit, as well.
DVD MovieFactory 4.0 also has tem-plates, menu layouts and navigation presets that will add gloss to your project.
Verdict MovieFactory 4.0 is a product for the occasional user. Despite the extra features, its straightforward interface could be frustrating for authors who wish to experiment. Our recommendation is for the more expensive Disc Creator package.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- CSIRO’s Data61 and Treasury join forces to examine the blockchain
- Windows 10 on pace to reach 20% share by June
- Budget 2016: NBN approaches limit of government funding
- Why Windows 10 wants your feedback and diagnostics, and how to control them
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA