Ulead Photoimpact 10
PhotoImpact 10 attempts to keep ahead of the consumer image editing pack with a suite of graphic tools to satisfy those wishing to get creative with their photo collection.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 6 stores)
Ulead PhotoImpact 10 provides some strong tools for digital still camera users, as well as refinements to existing tools. However, the most noteworthy improvement to the latest version is the interface, bringing pallet and menu controls into line with other graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0.
Working with your image collections is now easier due to a separation of the Browse Manager from the Layer Manager. This allows you to follow the standard Windows convention for selecting files such as "drag and drop" on to the workspace and multiple file selections. The dockable panels have also replaced previous floating pallets, giving the interface more of a Photoshop look and feel.
An improved red-eye tool allows you to select multiple eyes, saving time and keeping the effect more consistent, while the editable smart lasso selection is useful when you need to precisely select an image area for editing. On the workflow side, an improved preview pane, with split windows showing a before-and-after shot, is better than the previous solution whereby you had to go through with the effect and revert if you were not satisfied.
Along with general HTML text support, you also get several Web page templates to help build a page with a few clicks. The program also supports Web safe colours, so your images have uniform colour across any browser. Current PhotoImpact users will be disappointed that GIF Animator 5.0, bundled with PhotoImpact 10, has still not changed from previous versions. So if you are looking at an upgrade to version 10 for the Web tools, don't bother. PhotoImpact 10 continues to develop with incremental feature upgrades to keep pace with the competition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 2 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ARM's new processor could usher in feature-rich robots, appliances, wearables
- Dell's PC, tablet innovations draw attention
- EU tells Google to make more concessions or face charges in antitrust dispute
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note Edge and Gear VR on sale early November
- Optus launches carrier aggregated LTE on 2300MHz spectrum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.