V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones
A heavy-duty V-Moda headphone set for DJs and the fashion conscious
- Comfortable, attractive design, good bass
- Expensive, audio lacks depth
The V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are dub-heavy and exceptionally comfortable. They're real lookers and are just the thing for dance and rock tracks with lots of bass. You may end up with a headache after prolonged use, but you probably won't want to stop using them.
Price$ 349.95 (AUD)
From the biker-style silver chevrons adorning the exterior to the cushioned leather interior, the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are anything but ordinary. Even then the headstrap has a subtle snakeskin effect.
Part fashion item (V-Moda also has a successful clothing range), part DJ wear, the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones have serious attitude. Their flexible headstrap enables them to be used with one ear on the tune while with the other you mix in the next track
The V-Moda Crossfade LP design has been designed to withstand assaults on the headstrap, cable attachments and the arms holding the earpieces in place. They shouldn't break. It's fairly certain the cord that acts as a cable won't break either. You could lasso an ox with it. You can also run it over and not impede playback from the headphones.
We spent two weeks running it over with an office chair we were sitting on, with no discernible degradation and no hint of a tangle. Try the same with a cable and you'll have a mangled mess.
The heavy-duty credentials of the V-Moda Crossfade LP extend, of course, to the sound. Bass fans will find them anything but disappointing.
The insistent beats of Gaga's 'Bad Romance' came through good and strong, with accompanying treble reverberating in the best possible way. However, they can also do subtle reasonably well, should you be in mellower mood, as we found when we cued up Midlake's complex but understated The Courage Of Others album on our iPhone.
Faced with a mixture of thumping beats and lighter tones, however, we found the V-Moda Crossfade LP lacking a little depth - not good given the $349 price tag.
These are 'passive isolation' headphones rather than noise-cancelling ones, so you won't block out all the sounds around you unless you really crank things up. Usefully, V-Moda packs in an inline microphone and track play/pause button so you can take calls from your iPhone. The Kevlar cord also comes with adapters for a hi-fi, iPhone or laptop headphone connector.
The whole V-Moda Crossfade LP caboodle comes in a highly unusual snakeskin-clad moulded plastic casing with a dust cloth with which to clean nasty fingerprints off those distinctive silver shields.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD