- Monitor sharing, physical adjustment abilities
- Nothing in particular
The ViewSonic VP191b's image quality is sufficient for basic office tasks, and it offers software and physical adjustments that are unexpected at this price.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
ViewSonic's venerable 19" VP191b continues to hold its own against newer LCD models. Its image quality is competent but not extraordinarily good, falling into the middle ranks of current models. We found the display's balance generally pleasing, though the screen seemed slightly dim at the default settings.
Vendors report response time in different ways. Some clock the inter-grey (also called grey-to-grey) response time, while others record the white-to-black-to-white (also called rise-and-fall) response time. The VP191b's reported response time of 8 milliseconds refers to its inter-grey response time. Its black-to-white response time is 20 milliseconds. When we ran motion tests on the VP191b, its performance was average.
A few features set the VP191b apart from other monitors in its price range, and make it a good choice for an office setting. This monitor includes ports for one digital (DVI) and two analog (VGA) inputs, giving you options for sharing the monitor between two PCs. You can lock the on-screen display controls, ensuring that other users can't fiddle with the monitor's settings.
In addition to tilt, swivel and height adjustments, the VP191b has the ability to pivot from landscape to portrait mode (a boon for viewing long documents or Web pages). On an accompanying CD, ViewSonic adds software for screen pivoting; this bonus makes the monitor's moderate price an even better deal.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
- Ultra high-definition and 3.5mm bezels are traits of AOC’s new monitors
- Samsung's 28in monitor uses UHD to improve multitasking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW