- Monitor sharing, physical adjustment abilities
- Nothing in particular
The ViewSonic VP191b's image quality is sufficient for basic office tasks, and it offers software and physical adjustments that are unexpected at this price.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
ViewSonic's venerable 19" VP191b continues to hold its own against newer LCD models. Its image quality is competent but not extraordinarily good, falling into the middle ranks of current models. We found the display's balance generally pleasing, though the screen seemed slightly dim at the default settings.
Vendors report response time in different ways. Some clock the inter-grey (also called grey-to-grey) response time, while others record the white-to-black-to-white (also called rise-and-fall) response time. The VP191b's reported response time of 8 milliseconds refers to its inter-grey response time. Its black-to-white response time is 20 milliseconds. When we ran motion tests on the VP191b, its performance was average.
A few features set the VP191b apart from other monitors in its price range, and make it a good choice for an office setting. This monitor includes ports for one digital (DVI) and two analog (VGA) inputs, giving you options for sharing the monitor between two PCs. You can lock the on-screen display controls, ensuring that other users can't fiddle with the monitor's settings.
In addition to tilt, swivel and height adjustments, the VP191b has the ability to pivot from landscape to portrait mode (a boon for viewing long documents or Web pages). On an accompanying CD, ViewSonic adds software for screen pivoting; this bonus makes the monitor's moderate price an even better deal.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- R.I.P. VGA: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 dumps analog support, following Intel and AMD's lead
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD