Virtual Mechanics SiteSpinner Standard 2.7 web design suite
A very reasonably priced web design program, SiteSpinner Standard does have a bit of a learning curve, with only a few customizable templates.
- No internal browser preview
SiteSpinner Standard's biggest advantage is its price. For the money, you get the ability to create a basic customised website, without being a web design expert. But you will need to have a sense of design and of basic web structure, to make it work well for you.
Price$ 55.95 (AUD)
The sight of a blank page in any design program can be daunting, and that's the first screen that SiteSpinner Standard presents to the user. But the text-based (as opposed to video) tutorials will get most people up and running rather quickly.
The best way to start with SiteSpinner Standard is to open one of the few dozen templates. Then, double-click an object in the template to open the customise dialog. Or, you can drag and drop components onto the page, such as images, text, shapes, and music.
The program also has some basic drawing tools. If you already have a good idea of how you want your website to look and function, you can end up with rather nice results, without ever having to use markup. However, those who are comfortable with HTML have the option to access and edit it.
If you wish to create code that isn't directly supported by SiteSpinner, you can add a Code Object to your site. That's how you would append to the CSS that's generated by the program or add XML. SiteSpinner exports to HTML or SVG, and provides FTP upload controls.
Unlike the Pro version of SiteSpinner, the Standard version does not support interactive animation or web design for mobile devices. Nor does it export to DHTML or offer an internal browser preview.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPSenior Drupal Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Project Manager ( IT Infrastructure)ACT
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCUser Researcher/Business AnalysisACT