Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband USB stick
Vodafone K3765 review: A Vodafone mobile broadband USB stick that offers plug-and-play operation for Windows and Mac computers
- Plug and play, ease of use, microSD card slot
- No rotating hinge or external antenna port, average speeds during testing
Vodafone's K3765 mobile broadband USB stick has plug-and-play operation and supports download speeds of up to 7.2Mbps, but the speeds we experienced were not outstanding.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
Vodafone's K3765 mobile broadband USB stick offers plug-and-play operation for Windows and Mac computers and supports download speeds of up to 7.2 megabits per second (Mbps), theoretically making it faster than the K3571-Z mobile broadband USB stick.
Looking for a prepaid mobile broadband solution? Read our reviews of the best prepaid mobile broadband modems on the market.
As far as USB sticks go, the Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband modem is a standard affair. It is wrapped in lightweight, matte black plastic, and has a microSD card slot on the right that allows it to double as a portable flash drive. However, it doesn't have a rotating USB connector to reduce the risk of bumping it when connected to your notebook, and it also lacks an external antenna port, a feature seen on many Telstra mobile broadband modems.
The Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband USB stick is relatively slim, but it still prevented access to the second USB port on our 13in MacBook Pro. On larger notebooks this shouldn't be a problem though and it is more of a fault on Apple's part than Huawei's, the manufacturer of the K3765.
The software required to use the Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband USB stick is stored on the modem itself and is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X computers. The software is easy to install and allows you to quickly access your prepaid account details and see sent and received data. It also provides direct links to Vodafone's Web site, where you can manage your account and check your current balance.
The Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband USB stick has a maximum download speed of 7.2Mbps and a maximum upload speed of 5.7Mbps, which is faster than the previous K3571-Z USB stick. Vodafone claims the K3765 will provide typical real-world speeds of between 550 kilobits per second (Kbps) and 2Mbps, but as with all mobile broadband devices the actual speed achieved will depend on a number of factors such as your location and equipment, network usage and coverage, and network congestion at the time.
Using our Broadband Speed Test, the Vodafone mobile broadband USB stick managed to achieve download speeds of up to 3Mbps, but regularly downloaded at around 1.8Mbps. Upload speeds were stable at around 450Kbps, but did occasionally rise over 1Mbps.
Vodafone sells the K3765 mobile broadband USB stick for $0 on a $29 contract over 24 month; this plan includes 4GB data per month.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTLead PMONSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTPresales Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD