Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband USB stick
Vodafone K3765 review: A Vodafone mobile broadband USB stick that offers plug-and-play operation for Windows and Mac computers
- Plug and play, ease of use, microSD card slot
- No rotating hinge or external antenna port, average speeds during testing
Vodafone's K3765 mobile broadband USB stick has plug-and-play operation and supports download speeds of up to 7.2Mbps, but the speeds we experienced were not outstanding.
Price$ 49.00 (AUD)
Vodafone's K3765 mobile broadband USB stick offers plug-and-play operation for Windows and Mac computers and supports download speeds of up to 7.2 megabits per second (Mbps), theoretically making it faster than the K3571-Z mobile broadband USB stick.
Looking for a prepaid mobile broadband solution? Read our reviews of the best prepaid mobile broadband modems on the market.
As far as USB sticks go, the Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband modem is a standard affair. It is wrapped in lightweight, matte black plastic, and has a microSD card slot on the right that allows it to double as a portable flash drive. However, it doesn't have a rotating USB connector to reduce the risk of bumping it when connected to your notebook, and it also lacks an external antenna port, a feature seen on many Telstra mobile broadband modems.
The Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband USB stick is relatively slim, but it still prevented access to the second USB port on our 13in MacBook Pro. On larger notebooks this shouldn't be a problem though and it is more of a fault on Apple's part than Huawei's, the manufacturer of the K3765.
The software required to use the Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband USB stick is stored on the modem itself and is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X computers. The software is easy to install and allows you to quickly access your prepaid account details and see sent and received data. It also provides direct links to Vodafone's Web site, where you can manage your account and check your current balance.
The Vodafone K3765 mobile broadband USB stick has a maximum download speed of 7.2Mbps and a maximum upload speed of 5.7Mbps, which is faster than the previous K3571-Z USB stick. Vodafone claims the K3765 will provide typical real-world speeds of between 550 kilobits per second (Kbps) and 2Mbps, but as with all mobile broadband devices the actual speed achieved will depend on a number of factors such as your location and equipment, network usage and coverage, and network congestion at the time.
Using our Broadband Speed Test, the Vodafone mobile broadband USB stick managed to achieve download speeds of up to 3Mbps, but regularly downloaded at around 1.8Mbps. Upload speeds were stable at around 450Kbps, but did occasionally rise over 1Mbps.
Vodafone sells the K3765 mobile broadband USB stick for $0 on a $29 contract over 24 month; this plan includes 4GB data per month.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry stops making hardware, but BlackBerry phones live on
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- Automated ports and a city of sensors: Cisco chief outlines blueprint for Hamburg smart city
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW