Wacom Intuos3 PTZ-630
- Great display, programmable buttons
- Nothing of note
A great solution for those that want a high-quality display tablet without a massive price tag.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The Wacom Intuos3 graphic tablet straddles the line between enthusiasts using the Wacom Graphire3 and high-end professionals using Wacom Cintiq display tablets. The resolution of the Intuos3 is 5080 lines per inch both horizontally and vertically, and the tablet has excellent response, feel and accuracy.
The inclusion of programmable buttons on the tablet itself is a boon for anyone frustrated at having to move to the keyboard for common shortcut keys. The 6" x 8" tablets come with eight programmable keys--four each side--and two touch strips that perform scrolling and zooming tasks as well as allowing you to quickly change brush sizes. The buttons and touch strips are customisable on a global or application-by-application basis.
Other enhancements include a beautifully weighted and totally redesigned pen and base--finally you'll actually use the base, as it no longer falls over every time you knock it! There is also a range of tip styles. The felt tip gives a lovely tactile feel, whereas the inking nib has more travel, giving more control over pressure sensitivity. An optional wireless mouse at about $50 rounds out the package nicely.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Latest News Articles
- Why my older Chromebook has a right to live, even if Google says it's over
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- A Surface all-in-one PC may lead a Microsoft hardware refresh in October
- Hands-on with Asus ROG G752 and GeForce GTX 1070 (or holy crap this thing is fast!)
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080, 1070 and 1060 for laptops break the mobile mold
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC