Woolworths shopping app
This app can help the in-store shopping experience, as well build shopping lists and help you estimate spending
- Neat layout and easy to navigate
- Good scanner feature
- Shopping list
- Not all products have prices listed
If you shop at Woolworths, this nifty little app is a good one to consult. You can browse for products through it and easily make shopping lists, as well as do more fun stuff such as scan barcodes and view recipes.
If you want a much smoother grocery shopping experience, a supermarket app can help. The Woolworths app is one of the better ones we've used to date, mainly because it makes it so easy to find products and add them to a shopping list. It's great to use before you head out to the store, and also while you're there.
Before you start using all of the app's features, you need to set a local store, which can be done either by allowing the app to auto-detect your location and bring up the nearest stores, or by you entering your post code and selecting the store manually. Once you've selected your store, you can view the weekly catalogue, use the Product Finder, view your shopping lists, get recipes and even scan the food you currently have at home.
Indeed, the scanner is one of the most fun elements of this app and it works very well -- it even makes a realistic beep when it successfully scans a code. Products that you scan will be shown if they are available at your local Woolworths store, and you'll be able to get a price, add it to your shopping list, and even find out which isle it's in so you don't have to waste too much time wandering. It's a great way to replenish your pantry and fridge once you run out of a product, and it's a good way to estimate your spending (if the product you scan has a price listed).
Searching for products is easy through this app because everything is categorised nicely. At a glance, you see things like 'canned foods', 'biscuits and snacks', even 'breakfast foods' (which is mostly cereal-based). Categories such as 'meat' are divided into different types and, furthermore, into cuts. It's very easy to find what you are looking for and most products will have their price listed. You can then add items to your shopping list with a tap of the plus sign at the top of the app. You can even change the quantity, which is handy if you are shopping for a party, or if it's your big weekly shopping trip.
Pricing is not available for all products that you search for manually, and this is perhaps the only drawback of this little app. In all, it is really quite handy and fun to use. The weekly catalogue section shows you all the latest specials, while the recipes section offers plenty of variety in case you're stuck for ideas on what to cook. The 'weeknight dinners' section is especially useful. Simply click on a recipe and all the ingredients will be listed. You can then add these to your shopping list — we're not so adept in the kitchen to know whether Woolworths is adding extra stuff to the recipes to make you buy more though.
If you are type of person who likes to do their grocery shopping online, then this app can help with that, too!
Requirements: Android 2.2 and up; iOS
Reviewed on: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Home decoration goes 3D with new app
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- New field test lets you install Android apps directly from Google search
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW