- Great for the price (free)
- Pointer arrows can only be in black
- • • •
Not as good as SnagIt, but it's free and much better than most freeware screen capture apps. It's easy to use, saves in a variety of formats, and has a few useful graphic capabilities (text inserts, arrows, etc.) For people who just need good screen captures for reports, slide shows, and other documents, it's quite useful.
XYDownload EasyCapture 1.0
EasyCapture lets you capture screen images in a variety of sizes and formats. This free program adds a few nifty extra functions, too.
- Tabbed interface lets you take several screenshots, capture screen images in a variety of sizes and formats
- Not much in the way of graphics tools
A great tool for capturing screenshots.
To nab a screen with EasyCapture, you select the desired area type (full screen, region, window, and so on), move your cursor to select the area, and click. Thanks to a tabbed interface, you can take several screenshots in short order and deal with each at your leisure.
A smattering of graphics tools lets you perform simple tasks such as adjusting brightness and contrast; converting to greyscale; and adding text and simple included graphics such as lines, arrows, and word balloons.
You can save your work as .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .pcx, .png, and .tiff files.
Latest News Articles
- Jawbone Mini Jambox Bluetooth speaker
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox One)
- Foxtel Play screens on LG Smart TVs
- Rambus, Micron settle patent, antitrust disputes
- Data-stealing malware pretends to be Microsoft IIS server module
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 3 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 4 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »