- Great for the price (free)
- Pointer arrows can only be in black
- • • •
Not as good as SnagIt, but it's free and much better than most freeware screen capture apps. It's easy to use, saves in a variety of formats, and has a few useful graphic capabilities (text inserts, arrows, etc.) For people who just need good screen captures for reports, slide shows, and other documents, it's quite useful.
XYDownload EasyCapture 1.0
- Tabbed interface lets you take several screenshots, capture screen images in a variety of sizes and formats
- Not much in the way of graphics tools
A great tool for capturing screenshots.
EasyCapture lets you capture screen images in a variety of sizes and formats. This free program adds a few nifty extra functions, too.
To nab a screen with EasyCapture, you select the desired area type (full screen, region, window, and so on), move your cursor to select the area, and click. Thanks to a tabbed interface, you can take several screenshots in short order and deal with each at your leisure.
A smattering of graphics tools lets you perform simple tasks such as adjusting brightness and contrast; converting to greyscale; and adding text and simple included graphics such as lines, arrows, and word balloons.
You can save your work as .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .pcx, .png, and .tiff files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
- Honda rolls out pedestrian detection for Legend sedan
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW