Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager
Master and customise just about every part of Microsoft Windows 7 with Windows 7 Manager.
- Gives you an extraordinary amount of control
- Might be overkill for some users
The Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager is a useful tool and there is a free trial, but you'll most likely only want to pay for Windows 7 Manager if you want to do a great deal of customisation.
Price$ 46.12 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Just got a copy of Microsoft Windows 7 and you're looking to bend it to your will? Then you'll want a copy of Windows 7 Manager, which lets you tweak, customise, master and improve just about every aspect of the Windows 7 operating system.
Whether you're looking to tweak security, improve optimisation, clean your system, master your network or more - and whether you want the 32-bit or the 64-bit version - you'll find something in Windows 7 Manager.
Although it covers a lot of territory, everything is laid out cleanly in Windows 7 Manager. Click what you want to improve, such as Security, Network, Optimizer, and so on, and you'll come to a screen full of options.
In some cases you won't need to know anything about the innards of Windows 7, because sets of wizards guide you through the task. In other instances, you'll need to have some technical background, because you have to make choices among checkboxes - for example, if you want to accelerate your network connection using Windows 7 Manager, you'll need to understand terms and technologies such as Maximum Transmission Unit (TMU) size, TCP/IP Timeout Life (TTL), and "Enable SackOpts".
The amount of control Windows 7 Manager gives you is extraordinary. Want to change the mouse hover time before a pop-up displays? You can do that. Want to manage what programs run at startup? You can do that as well. You can also repair hardware and software problems, optimise your broadband connection and more.
The same developer makes a similar program for Windows Vista, called Windows Vista Manager, which looks and works very much like Windows 7 Manager. Anyone who used Windows Vista Manager will very easily make the switch to Windows 7 Manager; the interface and functions are very similar. The program doesn't come cheap, though.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- Update to Google Docs, Sheets, Slides lets them automatically save recent files offline
- The speed you need: Pyne and Albanese clash on NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT