FxCamera 0.5.5 for Android
FxCamera is an entertaining app; however, it cannot compete with similar photo apps that include more advanced filters and tools.
- Free, easy-to-use, fun range of photo filters
- Some may be disappointed with low resolution, only five filters, cannot undo a selected filter, can't apply filters to photos you've already taken
Although only limited to five filters, FxCamera 0.5.5 is an easy fun and free app for Android users
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
FxCamera is an easy, fun application that lets you take a picture with various effects including "Fisheye," "Polaroid," "Warhol," "Toycam," and "Symmetricam." There's also a "Normal" mode for taking regular photos. The app is easy to operate: When opened, it displays each effect option in a landscape slideshow. You simply tap on the camera icon at the bottom of each effect to access the camera function and take a photo with that effect.
The right-hand navigation has options for Shot, Auto Focus, Config, and Menu. Auto Focus--the stand-out feature here--is incredibly useful when holding a camera phone. Config leads you to additional options, depending on which camera filter you're using. For example, "Toycam" allows you to change color and size and has a vignette/pinhole option. "Polandroid" gives you faded or mono (black-and-white) color options as well as a film-type option. "Symmetricam" lets you alter the symmetric pattern from landscape to portrait, multireflection or inverted as well as switch the color to "sepia," "negative," "posterize," or "solarize." This doesn't entirely make up for the fact that there are only five filters. Unfortunately you cannot undo a selected filter, nor can you apply filters to photos you've already taken.
Some users on the Android Market complain that this app's image resolution is too low, but this was not a problem for me. Despite the limited number of filters, FxCamera is an entertaining app. It has some Config options to play with, and the Auto Focus is a nice bonus. However, it cannot compete with similar photo apps that include more advanced filters and tools.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW