FxCamera 0.5.5 for Android
FxCamera is an entertaining app; however, it cannot compete with similar photo apps that include more advanced filters and tools.
- Free, easy-to-use, fun range of photo filters
- Some may be disappointed with low resolution, only five filters, cannot undo a selected filter, can't apply filters to photos you've already taken
Although only limited to five filters, FxCamera 0.5.5 is an easy fun and free app for Android users
FxCamera is an easy, fun application that lets you take a picture with various effects including "Fisheye," "Polaroid," "Warhol," "Toycam," and "Symmetricam." There's also a "Normal" mode for taking regular photos. The app is easy to operate: When opened, it displays each effect option in a landscape slideshow. You simply tap on the camera icon at the bottom of each effect to access the camera function and take a photo with that effect.
The right-hand navigation has options for Shot, Auto Focus, Config, and Menu. Auto Focus--the stand-out feature here--is incredibly useful when holding a camera phone. Config leads you to additional options, depending on which camera filter you're using. For example, "Toycam" allows you to change color and size and has a vignette/pinhole option. "Polandroid" gives you faded or mono (black-and-white) color options as well as a film-type option. "Symmetricam" lets you alter the symmetric pattern from landscape to portrait, multireflection or inverted as well as switch the color to "sepia," "negative," "posterize," or "solarize." This doesn't entirely make up for the fact that there are only five filters. Unfortunately you cannot undo a selected filter, nor can you apply filters to photos you've already taken.
Some users on the Android Market complain that this app's image resolution is too low, but this was not a problem for me. Despite the limited number of filters, FxCamera is an entertaining app. It has some Config options to play with, and the Auto Focus is a nice bonus. However, it cannot compete with similar photo apps that include more advanced filters and tools.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantNSW
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CC.Net Developer x 2QLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC