ZumoDrive is a virtual hard drive that lives online.
- Works as a virtual hard drive
- Only 1GB of free storage
Of course, if all you want is online storage, you can get 25GB absolutely free from Windows Live SkyDrive. But it doesn't work as a virtual drive, which is the core of ZumoDrive's appeal.
Not enough space on your Apple iPhone for all your music? Need more storage for your tiny netbook hard drive? ZumoDrive promises to solve conundrums like these by keeping your files in the cloud but making them accessible in real-time, just as though they were local.
In other words, ZumoDrive is a virtual hard drive that lives online.
When you install the Windows or Mac client, ZumoDrive adds this virtual drive to your system, complete with prefab folders for music, photos, and documents. Just drag and drop your stuff to one of these folders (or create new ones — remember, the virtual drive works just like a regular drive) to copy it to the ZumoDrive cloud.
From there, you can access those files in any web browser or on any PC that has the ZumoDrive client installed. There's also a free iPhone app that lets you retrieve documents, photos, and music (which you can stream over 3G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi — a great workaround for memory-crunched devices). A Google Android version is coming soon.
You can get a free ZumoDrive account that includes 1GB of storage — enough for a smattering of files, but insufficient for most photo and MP3 collections. Plans start at US$2.99 per month for 10GB of storage and range up to $79.99 monthly for 500GB.
We really like the ZumoDrive service. It's a snap to set up and use, and it does solve the problem of storage-challenged PCs and iPhones.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD