Mirror is a free software utility that copies a folder structure from one location to another.
- Free, simple to use
- Long location listings are truncated
Mirror worked fine in our hands-on tests, and it can be invoked by a script. Our only real complaint is that long location listings are truncated (wrapped out of view, actually). If your backup needs can be met by a simple incremental copy routine, then this tiny utility fits the bill.
Mirror couldn't be simpler to use, and couldn't be more handy. Put simply, what this free program does is what it's named — it mirrors, i.e. copies a folder structure from one location to another.
Once a folder structure (e.g., My Documents and all its subfolders) has been copied, only added or changed files are copied — which makes Mirror very efficient and fast.
The Mirror interface consists of single dialog-like window with Source, Target, Help and Mirror buttons. The first two buttons open file dialogs where you define what is backed up and where it's backed up to. Click on the locations listed to their left, and a window to them will open. Help is obvious and Mirror invokes the backup.
There are only three options: Synchronize target (remove files in target location that don't exist at the source location), Minimize (the window — while running), and Auto exit, or exit after finishing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Jive adds Office 365 connectors for its enterprise social suite
- IBM Watson Analytics preps the data so you don't have to
- Microsoft adds 3D printing via Cloud to application
- NSA reform bill stalled with Congress headed toward fall recess
- Lyft car-pooling opens in LA despite regulatory challenge
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.