Apple is expected to take the wraps off the next version of iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and OS X at WWDC. We spoke to some app developers to find out what's on their wish lists.
Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
Spotify is still the top music streaming service, but it may be feeling the heat from better family deals on Apple Music and Google Play. Spotify announced on Monday that its $15-per-month family plan will match those of Apple Music and Google Play by offering six individual premium accounts for the package price.
Google announced Thursday morning that its Play Store will be coming to Chrome OS, the lightweight operating system that powers Chromebook laptops.
According to SurveyMonkey, mobile versions of Microsoft's core Office apps -- Excel and Word -- in April badly trailed their rivals from Google, Sheets and Docs, respectively.
Fashion Week is in Sydney. This is the perfect opportunity to be on top of technology and to get the best apps in your phone from connecting users with the latest runway images and helping attendees work their way through the myriad of shows, presentations, and events. Here are the five apps you need to know to cruise through fashion week in style.
Taxi payment company, ingogo, has introduced fixed fares in an attempt to change the taxi booking process by doing away with traditional metered fares.
How are those fitness resolutions coming along? If you're like me in the beginning of Autumn, your bathing suit is telling you to go to the gym, but your sweatpants are like, "nah girl, you're good!" Are you?
Two vulnerabilities recently patched in 7-Zip could put many software products and devices who bundle the open-source file archiving library at risk of compromise.
Evernote and Google may be competitors when it comes to notes, but the two companies are burying the hatchet so you can view your Google Drive-stored content directly inside your Evernote notes.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
The nostalgic logo is out, while the updated mobile apps embrace the trendy move to flat design and sharp color choices.
Slack is offering its users a new way to sign into other applications. The company announced Tuesday that it has launched a new "Sign in with Slack" feature that lets people use their login for the chat app to sign in to participating applications.
Mobile device users installed nearly 156 billion mobile applications worldwide in 2015.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- Google is bringing Android apps to Chromebooks
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
- ingogo introduces fixed taxi fares
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT