App switching can be one of the biggest hindrances to an enjoyable smartphone experience. The stock multitasking tray on Android can become cumbersome, and it’s also fairly limited in only showing the apps you have in the background. Swapps! change...
Apps - Features
Calendars 5 for iPhone and iPad (App Store link), currently at version 5.2, is a very good upgrade to Readdle's venerable Calendars+ app. Though released prior to iOS 7, the new $7 app fits right in with the newest version of iOS.
Google gives all comers 15 gigabytes' worth of free storage across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Plus Photos. Not a bad chunk of space just for having a heartbeat.
Your Apple ID is the login user name you use for Apple's iTunes, App Store, iMessage and FaceTime services, Apple Online Store, Support Forums, Genius Bar appointments, product registration and Developer account. What should you don it you forget it ...
Instagram has more than 130 million active users, but wading through all of that latte art to find the best of the best is no easy task.
The world's most popular collectable card game is back for its second romp on the iPad. Magic 2014 has you casting spells and summoning terrifying creatures against a colorful cast of adversaries, and you'll need to have your wits about you in order ...
Sideloading refers to the process that allows you to run apps on your Android phone that don't come from an official source like the Google Play Store: Most Android phones have this option disabled by default, but turning it on takes less time than o...
While iPhone users are often first to experience the latest games, Android users get apps that fully automate their phones and predict what they want to type next. Here are five apps that Android users can brag about to their iPhone-toting friends.
Send messages - text, audio and video - for free quickly and easily with this selection of essential messaging apps for the iPhone.
What platform games lack in high-end graphics, they more than make up for in smart and addictive gameplay. You'll need fast reflexes and more than a little brain power to conquer these mobile titles.
The Dropbox file-synchronisation service lets you access your files from anywhere, not just your computer, smartphone, and tablet, but also any Web browser. Here are five of our favourite ways to use it.
Let's face it: All the best apps come to iOS first. Even though Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world, it has to wait patiently for developers to port their wares over to it. We'd love to see some hot iOS-only apps join the...
We count down the 5 most expensive individual in-app items we've seen in iPhone apps and games.
Finding high-quality Android apps in the Google Play Store can be challenging, with 700,000 or so titles to choose from. Here are ten apps that you may not have stumbled across yet, all of which have impressed us in some way.
Nuance's Dragon Mobile Assistant app for Android has just received a big update, including a Driver Mode that automatically starts listening for voice commands and reading notifications when you're behind the wheel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Instagram is fighting harassment with new keyword filtering feature
- Facebook Messenger now supports native payments
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2SA
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCData Warehousing /Business Intelligence DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Wintel System EngineerWA