Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
Apps - News
The latest move attempts to improve the app discovery process so it's not unfairly used by developers seeking an unfair advantage.
iOS 10 allows apps to provider Caller ID labels for incoming voice calls, and automatically block callers, too.
A rogue Pokémon Go helper application with over 500,000 downloads on Google Play had Trojan code that downloaded root exploits to take over Android devices.
Unlike Twitter, Instagram is making it easier to curb abuse with comment moderation.
Facebook today announced Messenger Platform v1.2, and the company's head of Messenger, David Marcus, says it is committed to making the bot experience even better than traditional app experiences.
Service NSW is the first government agency in Australia to adopt Google’s cashless Android Pay service.
Plex has a very nice universal Windows app built specifically for Windows 10, but only for PCs and tablets for now.
Valve may not be too happy about Windows as a PC platform, but the company has finally rolled out a Steam app for Windows mobile devices.
You'll find more options for setting up fitness goals with additional metrics available to track throughout the day.
Tech behemoths Facebook and Google own more than half of the 15 most popular mobile applications used by U.S. adults -- the reach of other well-liked apps such as Snapchat and Apple Maps doesn't even compare.
Subscriptions and a larger Live element headline the social network's efforts to make content easier on the eyes.
Opera touts its new battery-saving technology as a feature that will help you browse the Web longer, but its real advantage is for PCs that are long in the tooth.
Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
Spotify is still the top music streaming service, but it may be feeling the heat from better family deals on Apple Music and Google Play. Spotify announced on Monday that its $15-per-month family plan will match those of Apple Music and Google Play b...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Instagram is fighting harassment with new keyword filtering feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC