Taxi payment company, ingogo, has introduced fixed fares in an attempt to change the taxi booking process by doing away with traditional metered fares.
Apps - News
Two vulnerabilities recently patched in 7-Zip could put many software products and devices who bundle the open-source file archiving library at risk of compromise.
Evernote and Google may be competitors when it comes to notes, but the two companies are burying the hatchet so you can view your Google Drive-stored content directly inside your Evernote notes.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
The nostalgic logo is out, while the updated mobile apps embrace the trendy move to flat design and sharp color choices.
Slack is offering its users a new way to sign into other applications. The company announced Tuesday that it has launched a new "Sign in with Slack" feature that lets people use their login for the chat app to sign in to participating applications.
Mobile device users installed nearly 156 billion mobile applications worldwide in 2015.
Opera Software yesterday released a free VPN app for Apple's iOS.
Dropbox has launched Dropbox Education, a new solution designed specifically for educators and faculty in colleges, schools and Universities.
Apple could make HomeKit more convenient and less confusing with its own control app.
After baking the SurfEasy VPN service into the Opera browser beta, the company is going mobile with a free VPN for iPhone and iPad. "We help people to break down the barriers of the web,” said SurfEasy's president.
Online translators are getting better, but there's still room for improvement. Researchers are now contributing new artificial intelligence techniques that could help accurately build full sentences.
What is Kodi, and why should you care: Everything you need to know about the free, open-source Kodi media player software
Kodi is a brilliant free multiplatform media player that also happens to be great for watching TV and films for free - illegally. Here's everything you need to know about Kodi, maybe the best open-source media-centre software on the market right now
Facebook and Messenger get shiny new Windows 10 desktop apps, while Instagram becomes a fully featured mobile app.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Instagram is fighting harassment with new keyword filtering feature
- Facebook Messenger now supports native payments
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC