Google announced Thursday morning that its Play Store will be coming to Chrome OS, the lightweight operating system that powers Chromebook laptops.
Apps - News
According to SurveyMonkey, mobile versions of Microsoft's core Office apps -- Excel and Word -- in April badly trailed their rivals from Google, Sheets and Docs, respectively.
Taxi payment company, ingogo, has introduced fixed fares in an attempt to change the taxi booking process by doing away with traditional metered fares.
Two vulnerabilities recently patched in 7-Zip could put many software products and devices who bundle the open-source file archiving library at risk of compromise.
Evernote and Google may be competitors when it comes to notes, but the two companies are burying the hatchet so you can view your Google Drive-stored content directly inside your Evernote notes.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
The nostalgic logo is out, while the updated mobile apps embrace the trendy move to flat design and sharp color choices.
Slack is offering its users a new way to sign into other applications. The company announced Tuesday that it has launched a new "Sign in with Slack" feature that lets people use their login for the chat app to sign in to participating applications.
Mobile device users installed nearly 156 billion mobile applications worldwide in 2015.
Opera Software yesterday released a free VPN app for Apple's iOS.
Dropbox has launched Dropbox Education, a new solution designed specifically for educators and faculty in colleges, schools and Universities.
Apple could make HomeKit more convenient and less confusing with its own control app.
After baking the SurfEasy VPN service into the Opera browser beta, the company is going mobile with a free VPN for iPhone and iPad. "We help people to break down the barriers of the web,” said SurfEasy's president.
Online translators are getting better, but there's still room for improvement. Researchers are now contributing new artificial intelligence techniques that could help accurately build full sentences.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Instagram is fighting harassment with new keyword filtering feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions EngineerVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC