Microsoft is expanding its Xbox Music service to iOS and Android devices, and also adding free streaming via the Web.
Apps - News
Flickr has unveiled updated camera shooting features such as new, live-view filters; customised filter adjustments; and sophisticated grid, zoom, focus, and exposure lock controls. And everything's wrapped in an intuitive, gesture-based interface.
If you like to scour the deepest recesses of the Internet for everything from culturally-significant documentaries to the best recipe for a grilled cheese sandwich, you'll be happy to hear that Google has released version 2.0 of its YouTube client fo...
Google is shutting down its Messenger group chatting service as part of an update to its Google+ app for Android-based devices, the company recently announced. Google will also be ditching the service on iOS devices.
If you find yourself preferring Skype over Apple's own FaceTime on the iPhone 5 and fourth-generation iPad, good news: With Skype 4.1, Microsoft's Voice over IP app for mobile now supports HD video calls.
Microsoft recently unveiled the Windows Phone App Studio, a tool to make it easier to develop apps for Windows Phone smartphones. Microsoft is hoping it will help expand the volume and variety of apps available in the Windows Phone Store, but it's an...
Instagram is doing everything in its power to point out the differences between its videos and Vines. Now you can import videos to the app from your Camera Roll, a feature Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom promised back in June.
Twitter today simplified account security with an enhancement that lets customers approve two-factor authenticated log-ins from inside their iOS and Android mobile apps.
The majority of developers are working on an iOS 7 update for their apps, and that, of those updates, more than half will drop support for iOS 6 and older.
Microsoft has released a stripped-down version of Office for Android smartphones, continuing its strategy of tying its mobile suite to the Office 365 rent-not-buy subscription plans.
Apple's iTunes Store now has more than one billion podcast subscriptions, the company has announced.
Flipboard magazines have arrived on the Web. You can now publicly share with the entire online world any content you've turned into a digital magazine, even if the reader doesn't have a Flipboard account.
Foxtel's Go app is finally available on selected Samsung mobile and tablet devices, but does not currently support the flagship Galaxy S4 smartphone.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
Google's updated version of Maps finally started rolling out to Android smartphones and tablets this week. The interface has been overhauled to more closely match Google's new design norm.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Instagram is fighting harassment with new keyword filtering feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD