Instagram is doing everything in its power to point out the differences between its videos and Vines. Now you can import videos to the app from your Camera Roll, a feature Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom promised back in June.
Twitter today simplified account security with an enhancement that lets customers approve two-factor authenticated log-ins from inside their iOS and Android mobile apps.
The majority of developers are working on an iOS 7 update for their apps, and that, of those updates, more than half will drop support for iOS 6 and older.
Microsoft has released a stripped-down version of Office for Android smartphones, continuing its strategy of tying its mobile suite to the Office 365 rent-not-buy subscription plans.
Apple's iTunes Store now has more than one billion podcast subscriptions, the company has announced.
Flipboard magazines have arrived on the Web. You can now publicly share with the entire online world any content you've turned into a digital magazine, even if the reader doesn't have a Flipboard account.
Foxtel's Go app is finally available on selected Samsung mobile and tablet devices, but does not currently support the flagship Galaxy S4 smartphone.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
Google's updated version of Maps finally started rolling out to Android smartphones and tablets this week. The interface has been overhauled to more closely match Google's new design norm.
Apps that provide turn-by-turn navigation on Windows Phone are at a premium, literally, as virtually all require either an up-front payment or a subscription. Nokia's Here Drive+ app is set to change all that.
People might start seeing a lot more Instagram content across the Web -- the photo- and video-sharing app has just announced the introduction of Web embeds.
Dropbox is adding a suite of features to its file-hosting services to provide more syncing tools for app developers and make it easier for end users to access their data across devices.
Pandora users can now rock out to the sweet sounds of Daft Punk even in flaky connection areas, thanks to the app's recent update.
Apple is celebrating the App Store's fifth birthday by offering users a number of significant and popular apps for the low, low price of nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. The big goose egg. Free.
The iPhone has become a battleground for a number of popular mobile app categories. In addition to Apple's own native apps, there is an ecosystem of third-party apps--all fighting for a place on your iPhone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- Plex's new universal Windows app powers up media playback with key Windows 10 features
- Steam's mobile app finally lands on Windows Phones
- Google Fit is getting a visual overhaul with new widget and Android Wear faces
- Facebook, Google dominate list of top 15 mobile apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW