If you like to scour the deepest recesses of the Internet for everything from culturally-significant documentaries to the best recipe for a grilled cheese sandwich, you'll be happy to hear that Google has released version 2.0 of its YouTube client fo...
Apps - News
Google is shutting down its Messenger group chatting service as part of an update to its Google+ app for Android-based devices, the company recently announced. Google will also be ditching the service on iOS devices.
If you find yourself preferring Skype over Apple's own FaceTime on the iPhone 5 and fourth-generation iPad, good news: With Skype 4.1, Microsoft's Voice over IP app for mobile now supports HD video calls.
Microsoft recently unveiled the Windows Phone App Studio, a tool to make it easier to develop apps for Windows Phone smartphones. Microsoft is hoping it will help expand the volume and variety of apps available in the Windows Phone Store, but it's an...
Instagram is doing everything in its power to point out the differences between its videos and Vines. Now you can import videos to the app from your Camera Roll, a feature Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom promised back in June.
Twitter today simplified account security with an enhancement that lets customers approve two-factor authenticated log-ins from inside their iOS and Android mobile apps.
The majority of developers are working on an iOS 7 update for their apps, and that, of those updates, more than half will drop support for iOS 6 and older.
Microsoft has released a stripped-down version of Office for Android smartphones, continuing its strategy of tying its mobile suite to the Office 365 rent-not-buy subscription plans.
Apple's iTunes Store now has more than one billion podcast subscriptions, the company has announced.
Flipboard magazines have arrived on the Web. You can now publicly share with the entire online world any content you've turned into a digital magazine, even if the reader doesn't have a Flipboard account.
Foxtel's Go app is finally available on selected Samsung mobile and tablet devices, but does not currently support the flagship Galaxy S4 smartphone.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
Google's updated version of Maps finally started rolling out to Android smartphones and tablets this week. The interface has been overhauled to more closely match Google's new design norm.
Apps that provide turn-by-turn navigation on Windows Phone are at a premium, literally, as virtually all require either an up-front payment or a subscription. Nokia's Here Drive+ app is set to change all that.
People might start seeing a lot more Instagram content across the Web -- the photo- and video-sharing app has just announced the introduction of Web embeds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Instagram is fighting harassment with new keyword filtering feature
- Facebook Messenger now supports native payments
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW