Jawbone on Tuesday announced Up Platform, an API that allows health-focused services, apps, and hardware to connect with the company's Up wristband accessory.
In just 10 days, Facebook Home has just surpassed a half-million installations on Google Play. As a point of comparison, that's only slightly less than the population of the entire nation of Luxemburg.
Facebook's new Home app for Android has been downloaded at least 500,000 times but gets bad reviews from users.
Twitter today unveiled a music service that uses activity on the microblog to help users share and discover new music. The songs shared via the service are currently sourced from Spotify, iTunes or Rdio.
Foxtel is soon expected to release its Foxtel Go app on the Android platform, but latest rumours suggest the app will be available exclusively for Samsung mobile and tablet devices until October.
A week after it debuted in the US, Facebook has launched its Home Android launcher in the Australian Google Play Store.
Messages for iOS is arguably the most-used app on my iPhone: I use it more than Mailbox, more than Camera+, more than Google Maps, and definitely more than Phone. And I'm probably not alone here. Text messaging is an integral part of the mobile devic...
In a major upgrade to its iOS apps, Facebook emphasizes images and messages.
Chat Heads, the buzzy messaging feature released as part of Facebook's Home software for Android-based smartphones, is now coming to the iPhone and iPad.
Hundreds is one of the singular weirdest experiences you'll find on the iOS platform--and its beauty is certainly in the eye of the individual player.
Google has finally launched its Play Music service in Australia, almost a year and a half since it made its debut in the US.
Google has begun rolling out an updated Play Store app on Android devices, with a new design that focuses on "bigger images that jump off the page".
Microsoft and BlackBerry have been tripping over themselves to toss cash at developers and beef up their app stores in recent months, trying desperately to gain ground on the behemoth selection of iOS and Android. But is the rush to fill app store sh...
Google has released what it calls a "fresh look" for Google Play, with a goal of making a purchase quick and easy.
Apple close to securing record company deals for Spotify-style music-streaming service - iRadio set for summer launch?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Home decoration goes 3D with new app
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- New field test lets you install Android apps directly from Google search
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW