Microsoft today briefly previewed an Office application designed for the Windows "Modern," ne "Metro," user interface, and said it would launch the touch-enabled suite next year.
Apps - News
Instagram looks the same. It feels the same. But there's more oomph now with video.
Step aside, Vine: 15-second videos are coming to Instagram on iOS and Android, complete with basic editing, filters, and stabilisation.
After nearly a week of speculation, Facebook announced today that Instagram, its popular photo-sharing service, now supports video.
If, like many, you use Evernote as a sophisticated to-do list, the latest update to the essential software and service is about to dramatically increase its usefulness. Reminders give Evernote a full suite of alarm and notification features, ideal fo...
Last week's release of Office Mobile for the iPhone nailed down one of the mysteries pundits had pondered -- how Microsoft planned to generate Office revenue from Apple's iPhone and iPad.
After months and years of rumours, Microsoft Office is finally coming to the Apple iPhone, in the biggest Apple/Microsoft news since Bill Gates agreed to support Office for Mac in return for getting Internet Explorer on Apple's systems. Microsoft Off...
Apple iOS 7 finally lets you put the Newsstand app icon in a folder, ending a long-standing if minor irritation among iPhone and iPad users.
Microsoft's surprise launch of Office Mobile for the iPhone shows that the software giant continues to favour Windows' future over Office's fortune, analysts said.
Uber, a private car service that originated in San Francisco, has today announced the launch of a taxi booking service in Sydney.
As details of iOS 7 unfolded, the only thing some third-party app developers could hear was a sad trombone. That's because many of the features their apps provide will now be built into iOS 7 or its apps. Here are some of the apps that could be made ...
Rejoice, Samsung and HTC Android phones owners: Google has made the stock Android keyboard available as a standalone app in Google Play. And the app includes gestures and voice typing.
BlackBerry Messenger, a free messaging and social networking app for BlackBerry devices, will arrive at iOS and Android app stores at some point, but not on 27 June.
Developer tool company AppGyver loves the PhoneGap platform, but is convinced there is room for productivity and performance improvements and is working on products to achieve both.
Android users jealous of their iOS brethren's six-second Vine masterpieces can now shoot their own looping video clips. But there are a few key differences in the two apps: Android users can zoom in while filming, but can't shoot front-facing selfies...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Instagram is fighting harassment with new keyword filtering feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCWeb Application SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Management SMEQLD
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC