ASUS unleashes new laptops amid Calvin Klein's latest runway creations.
Asus Centre - Features
As handheld devices become more like full-fledged computers in their own right, the question of whether business travelers might be better served by leaving their laptops at home is again being asked by IT managers and end users alike. But that still...
Like a diamond, a digital media player or a rare coin, the latest mini-notebooks are good things in small packages. By squeezing a lot of computing power into a very mobile package at a hard-to-beat price, they are turning the established mobile peck...
Hacking isn't just for geeks anymore. In this era of ubiquitous gadgetry and free information, anyone with a screwdriver can do a little unauthorized tinkering. Sure, the word hacking has negative connotations. But hacking is really about being a do-...
No two industries appear more dissimilar than those of PCs and fashion. One has long been marketed on style, the other on function. One is dominated by female consumers, the other by male buyers.
Mini-laptops are among the hottest new products this year and with the back-to-school sales season upon us, I created a list of items to help you choose the right one.
Just because you can do something, that doesn't mean you should. That old truism goes double for computers. But some PC geeks are so fanatical about performance, so doggedly determined to push their hardware to extremes, that they'll go to ridiculous...
For some users, the new generation of ultraportable notebooks comes close to embodying the Holy Grail for road warriors. Their laptop-like keyboards make them more usable for typing tasks than smart phones, but they are lighter and cheaper than tradi...
We all know that the Eee PC 901 is better than its predecessor, but what makes it tick? We peeled the top layer off our test unit to take a look inside.
Before the Eee PC 901 hits Aussie shores, we go under the hood of the original Eee PC to find out what makes it tick.
Digital photo frames that print, ultraslim monitors, and small robots that hammer themselves when an IM arrives are just the tip of the wacky-and-innovative-device iceberg at Computex Taiwan 2008. Take a look at what we found.
Computex: Asus has offered the first look at what its upcoming all-in-one desktop may look like, and shown an Eee family roadmap featuring previously unannounced products alongside the Eee Box B202 mini PC and 42-inch LCD Eee TV.
If it's a home entertainment notebook you're lusting after, look no further than the latest offering from ASUS.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus Shows Laptop Sharing Concept
- Asustek Eee PC, motherboard shipments hit by downturn
- Asus debuts S121 netbook with Windows 7 and 512GB SSD
- Asustek to unveil US$200 Eee PC netbook next year
- Acer netbook shipments to beat Asus's Eee PC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW