Much as we love WiFi, even the latest routers can have trouble reaching important places. For many people this means connecting a main computer or a games console to a router in another part of the house – and PC users don’t like connecting by WiFi: it’s just plain wrong (plus the unreliability of ping and connection speed is not good for things like gaming).
Back to School
We like the Google Pixel phone. But it’s ugly. And if you’re spending that much on a phone then you should probably protect it.
Just over three months ago we slammed Sony’s latest flagship phone, the Xperia X Performance, for being one of the most disappointing products that Sony had made in years. It was such a mediocre effort (at a premium price) that even Sony’s own previous range outclassed it. No here’s the phone that should have launched then, the Sony Xperia XZ. How does it fare?
Bose is better at masking jet-engine drone, but Sony is no slouch on that score and ultimately it offers the better-sounding cans.
It’s called the X Power because it has a 4,100mAh battery which is the biggest on the market. The next largest is the 4,000mAh unit in the excellent Huawei Mate 8. Even the iPhone 7 Plus hits just 2,900mAh. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is 3,600mAh.
Any $269 smartphone is sure to have flaws, and this does, but it's still good value.
No matter how much you love Apple gear, you’re going to have trouble loving AirPods.
With an OLED display and an NVMe SSD, the Lenovo X1 Yoga delivers rich colors and top-notch performance.
A U.K. judge has ruled in favor of extraditing a British man to the U.S. for hacking government computers, despite fears he may commit suicide.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are worth the upgrade if you want an amazing camera, water resistance, and better battery life.
Toshiba's new OCZ VX500 SSD line will retail for 30 cents to 37 cents per gigabyte, among the lowest for NAND flash memory.
If you weren't testing out the beta version of iOS 10, be careful when updating your iPhone.
It's another sign that Google is abandoning the longtime Nexus name in favor of 'Pixel' for its upcoming smartphones.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEPAS Technical Support OfficersNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesACT
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedACT
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTAgile Iteration ManagerWA
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudQLD