An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Networking giant, Cisco, has released its Visual Networking Index (VNI) for 2014.
Supermarket giants Woolworths and Aldi are going head-to-head in the mobile space. Both offer prepaid voice and data plans; both resell Telstra’s 3G network; and both are after the same segment of customers.
Up to five smartphone plans can pool together data allowances under Optus’ new Family Sharing offering.
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear to help you stay connected wherever you are, and even budget tech for those who need good gear but don't want to spend too much.
How do Globalgig’s mobile broadband plans compare against Optus, Telstra, and Vodafone roaming plans?
Mobile data provider, Globalgig, now has high-speed, 4G plans available for use in Australia and the UK, and has expanded its regular 3G coverage to more places around the globe (up to 84 countries). It’s a service that’s useful if you’re a traveller who wants a no-fuss mobile data plan that can be used seamlessly, without having to look for plans and change SIMs when you land in a different country.
Vodafone’s latest 4G modem proves an ideal investment for those who can’t get a fixed line service. The Wi-Fi Cube 4G is manufactured by Huawei, a Chinese company whose core competency is the building of networks, and that includes Vodafone’s own.
Optus will fend off Foxtel’s triple threat play by discounting its unlimited Internet packages by $25 a month.
An estimated 400,000 homes will have access to high speed Internet following the construction of ten satellite ground stations by NBN Co.
Globalgig’s mobile broadband SIM cards are great if you want to add Internet access to a mobile broadband-enabled tablet, or if you are planning on going travelling overseas. Indeed, you can use Globalgig’s SIM cards for data access in many countries without having to deal with sky-high prices per megabyte, but the company offers its best rates for the USA, UK, and Ireland.
Civil society groups, members of the European Parliament, and the European Commission's vice president responsible for the digital single market have all called on European member states to stick with strict net neutrality rules.
In the opening keynote at the Intel Developer Forum today, Intel showed off wearable tech, Internet of Things boards, wireless charging, and it introduced the 2015 version of the Core processor, codenamed Skylake.
Get online anywhere with a fast mobile broadband USB stick
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)NSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCTest AnalystWA
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)VIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW