An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Networking giant, Cisco, has released its Visual Networking Index (VNI) for 2014.
Supermarket giants Woolworths and Aldi are going head-to-head in the mobile space. Both offer prepaid voice and data plans; both resell Telstra’s 3G network; and both are after the same segment of customers.
Up to five smartphone plans can pool together data allowances under Optus’ new Family Sharing offering.
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear to help you stay connected wherever you are, and even budget tech for those who need good gear but don't want to spend too much.
How do Globalgig’s mobile broadband plans compare against Optus, Telstra, and Vodafone roaming plans?
Mobile data provider, Globalgig, now has high-speed, 4G plans available for use in Australia and the UK, and has expanded its regular 3G coverage to more places around the globe (up to 84 countries). It’s a service that’s useful if you’re a traveller who wants a no-fuss mobile data plan that can be used seamlessly, without having to look for plans and change SIMs when you land in a different country.
Vodafone’s latest 4G modem proves an ideal investment for those who can’t get a fixed line service. The Wi-Fi Cube 4G is manufactured by Huawei, a Chinese company whose core competency is the building of networks, and that includes Vodafone’s own.
Optus will fend off Foxtel’s triple threat play by discounting its unlimited Internet packages by $25 a month.
An estimated 400,000 homes will have access to high speed Internet following the construction of ten satellite ground stations by NBN Co.
Globalgig’s mobile broadband SIM cards are great if you want to add Internet access to a mobile broadband-enabled tablet, or if you are planning on going travelling overseas. Indeed, you can use Globalgig’s SIM cards for data access in many countries without having to deal with sky-high prices per megabyte, but the company offers its best rates for the USA, UK, and Ireland.
Civil society groups, members of the European Parliament, and the European Commission's vice president responsible for the digital single market have all called on European member states to stick with strict net neutrality rules.
In the opening keynote at the Intel Developer Forum today, Intel showed off wearable tech, Internet of Things boards, wireless charging, and it introduced the 2015 version of the Core processor, codenamed Skylake.
Get online anywhere with a fast mobile broadband USB stick
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC