Home printers are no longer ugly beige boxes that sit in the corner and jam up at the worst possible moment. These days printers can produce brilliant photos and professional-looking documents, scan and e-mail at a touch, and even back up the content...
Back to School - Features
With so many makes and models to choose from, buying a new laptop can be a harrowing experience. However, the good news is that you don't have to spend too much, especially if you want something small and basic. Even laptops based on the latest Intel...
Do you know how to guard against scareware? How about Trojan horse text messages? Or social network data harvesting?
Heading back to school or university? Need a new mobile phone, but don't want to break the bank? Find the best prepaid mobile deal!
Store your schoolwork, photos and other files on these cheap storage devices
If the iPad doesn't succeed as a consumer electronics device--its initial target market--it may find a successful second career as an electronic textbook reader.
We look at the best and cheapest printers for the back-to-school season
Heading back to school or university? A mobile broadband package may help you get off to a good start in 2010!
There are a huge range of portable media players on the market. We've rounded up a list of the key features of PMPs and MP3 players in order to help you pick up the model that's right for you or your child.
Whether you're buying headphones for yourself or for a child, it's important to consider the design — but that shouldn't be the only consideration.
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
Whether you use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome for browsing the Web, there are add-ons available that will enhance your browsing. Some give you easy access to Web services like eBay and Twitter, while others offer YouTube video do...
LED projectors ditch the traditional power-sucking, bulky incandescent lamps of older projectors, instead using small, ultra-bright, energy-efficient light-emitting diodes. The use of LED technology has allowed manufacturers to shrink portable projec...
TechCrunch.com has unearthed a video of Zynga CEO Mark Pincus saying the company "did every horrible thing in the book" to make money off of players.
If the technology rumour mill is to be believed, Apple will tomorrow morning announce a new, touch screen-based tablet computer. Set to be unveiled at 5am Thursday morning (AEST), the media event in San Francisco is one of the most anticipated Apple ...
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCFront End Developer - Mid-LevelNSW
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior ASP .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA