Intel's Atom processor architecture will live on despite the recent cancellation of next-generation smartphone chips.
A strong camera upgrade and support for the latest charging standard could help Samsung's next phablet stand out.
Future smartphones may no longer need a dedicated button for unlocking the device or performing other actions with a fingerprint.
"New vendors would be well-advised not to rest on their laurels..."
Telstra will commit $50 million on new measures to reduce the likelihood of further disruptions to its mobile network following a series of outages earlier this year.
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
Virtual reality was the star of the show when Samsung executives took the stage this week at its annual developer conference.
There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
With the right tools you can leave your phone on the desk more often when you're working or playing on a PC.
The global smartphone market saw its first year-on-year decline in the first quarter, with both Samsung Electronics and Apple shipping fewer phones, according to a research firm.
AMD is licensing its x86 chip architecture to a new joint venture it has formed with a consortium of Chinese companies.
This could be a sign that Google's beta build of Android could come to more non-Nexus devices.
It seems no flagship phone line is complete without some type of pink option.
Microsoft's new patent filing envisions a trackpoint with an embedded fingerprint sensor, enabling Windows Hello in mobile devices.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Good Gear Guide's top-rated Android phones.
The top 5 smartphones for taking photos
Our Editor's Choice smartphone selections.
The best bang for your buck smartphones on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW