Ditch the dual-phone hassle by assigning yourself a second phone number, complete with texting and other services.
Google's Project Ara modular smartphone is coming to developers at the end of this year, but it's lost a key part of its vision along the way -- total customizability.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
Google’s bringing its entire Android mobile app library to Chromebooks – the company announced today at its annual I/O developer conference, thanks to an innovative system of containerization.
Google continues to hone Android's security capabilities, with features in the Android N upgrade due this fall prefaced by the Android for Work security apparatus and other security updates in last year's Android Marshmallow release.
Google has completely redefined what an "app" means, launching Android Instant Apps, which breaks up an app into chunks and allows them to be loaded almost instantly.
Several former Microsoft execs launched a new company that will use Nokia branding for new smartphones and tablets.
Was the Lumia 650 the end of the line for Lumia handsets? Looks like it.
The Moto G4, G4 Play, and G4 Plus are a curious expansion to Motorola's budget smartphone line.
You can get a decent Android phone like the Oppo F1 for $300 these days. If you want something more premium, the Samsung Galaxy S7 can be had for under $700 while the Nexus 6P, with its huge AMOLED display and full metal body can be had for nearer $600. So if a phone is going to carry a big premium price like the Galaxy S7 Edge ($900) or LG G5 ($950), it can't leave us wanting.
Vodafone has carried out wireless network trials using the emerging Narrow Band-IoT (NB-IoT) standard.
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet bumps up to Android 6.0.1, while the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge score the latest security updates.
Google's Gboard virtual keyboard for iPhone is designed to make your life easier with native Google search, GIFs, and emoji support.
Good Gear Guide's top-rated Android phones.
The top 5 smartphones for taking photos
Our Editor's Choice smartphone selections.
The best bang for your buck smartphones on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's modular smartphone project sacrificed its original vision to move forward
- Android device updates: HTC 10 is getting stability fixes and preview 3 is headed to Android N
- Google I/O 2016: Every Android app – really – is coming to Chrome
- Newer, stronger security core for Google's Android N
- Zip! Pow! Google debuts Android Instant Apps that load without installation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW