No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
The Edifier MP300 Plus is a small yet surprisingly powerful portable speaker system. It comes with two tiny satellite speakers and a 9-Watt tubular subwoofer that's just 28cm long. Despite their diminutive size, they have enough power to easily fill an apartment's lounge room with superb audio.
There are hundreds of MP3 and portable media players to choose from on the market. Here are five of our favourites!
There are a huge range of portable media players on the market. We've rounded up a list of the key features of PMPs and MP3 players in order to help you pick up the model that's right for you or your child.
The ViewSonic VPD400 is a portable media player with a 4.3in LCD screen and 8GB of internal memory. The VPD400 is an easy way to view movies and listen to music while travelling, although it doesn't have the build quality or interface design of competitors' more polished products.
Soniq's iM600K iPod dock impressed us with its sound quality and low $129 price tag.
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
Great deals whether you're back at work or getting ready for school
Apple's get-'em-while-they're-young strategy appears to be paying off. The iPod touch, which some tech analysts are calling an iPhone on training wheels, has proven wildly popular with gift-givers this holiday season.
The Edifier Esiena iF360 is a great all-in-one audio system that doesn't make any compromises when it comes to sound quality.
This year has seen an evolution rather than a revolution in the MP3 player space, with models from Apple and Sony being refined instead of redesigned. We've rounded up our top picks of the MP3 players/portable media players we've reviewed throughout 2009.
Sony's NWZ-S544 is an 8GB MP3 player/portable media player designed to compete with Apple's [[artnid:260148|iPod Nano|Review: Apple iPod Nano portable media player]]. It offers a better screen for watching video or playing movies, but it doesn't stand up to the iPod's polished music system.
The Bush BR20DAB is the latest in a line of great digital radios to be released in the lead-up to Christmas.
Big savings on Dell Wasabi printer, Logitech Squeezebox Boom wireless music system, plus lots more!
Philips' AE5230 is a portable DAB+ digital radio. Lightweight (650g) and easy on the eye, this DAB+ radio can also tune in to regular FM stations; it makes for a nice addition to any kitchen bench or bedside table.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW