The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
For many people, smartphones have replaced portable music players as the way to listen to music on the go, but for high-end audio there's still the Walkman, and Sony will preview the latest version on Monday at CES in Las Vegas.
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Sydney Airport will be hosting an auction for charity that will feature items of lost property. The airport claims that it has thousands of items to go under the hammer, with the auction period starting tomorrow (Tuesday 4 November) and running until 14 November.
"My time has passed. Ain't nothin' for it."
Given its audio cassette player heritage, Sony’s new all-digital NWZ-ZX1 shouldn't surprise onlookers with its somewhat chunky and asymmetric design. In the 35 years of Walkman history (first debuting in 1979 with the TPS-L2), the device has gone through various incarnations and evolutionary branches including CDs, MiniDiscs, MP3s and more recently sharing its DNA with Sony-Ericsson and Sony Xperia smartphones.
Apple has slashed the prices of its premium iPod Touch by up to 25 per cent and updated the feature set of its introductory 16GB model.
The ever-evolving iPod nano is in its seventh regeneration now, with an announcement alongside the iPhone 5 and iPod touch that promised a redesign around a new 2.5-inch widescreen display, Bluetooth, a pedometer and Lightning.
The Apple iPod touch received an update at the same time as the new iPhone 5, incorporating new hardware and features from the new phone as well as the older iPhone 4S.
It's not as popular as the iPhone 5, and it's not as exciting as the iPod touch, but the new Apple iPod nano deserves its time in the sun: it's the thinnest iPod ever, and has the largest display ever used in this particular pint-sized media player.
It may not have received the fanfare of the shiny iPhone 5, but the refreshed iPod touch is just as new.
Apple unveiled its new iPhone 5 overnight at the Yerbua Buena Center for the Arts. In simple terms, the device is faster, thinner, and bigger than the previous devices. Yes, the device will work with 4G in Australia. Apple also revealed its new range of iPod products, and its new earphone concept.
iPhones and iPads may get the attention these days, but Apple isn't ready to abandon its iconic music players just yet. The company announced two new iPods at its media event - updated versions of the iPod touch and the iPod nano.
PC World is running its 2012 Media Usage survey, quizzing you on your Internet browsing habits and media consumption. We're interested in learning more about how you view and share technology-related content and information. Your feedback will help us to more closely align our services with your needs, so give us a hand by taking the survey!
Logitech's UE Air Speaker uses Apple's wireless AirPlay technology to play streamed music from a compatible iOS device. The UE Air is a large, but good looking speaker system that's ridiculously easy to set up and use, but its sound quality is a little disappointing considering its price tag.
These are the top rated MP3 players we've reviewed in the last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA