The HP Envy X2 is a Windows 8-based hybrid device that relies on an Intel Atom Z2760 SoC (system on chip) as its power plant. It's a device that can be operated as a tablet or as a laptop (with the supplied keyboard dock), but it's primarily designed to work as a tablet.
The HP Envy TouchSmart 4 is an Ultrabook that is designed for Windows 8 and it has the touchscreen to prove it. It's not a hybrid Ultrabook though, which means you can't use it as a tablet instead of a notebook. The Envy has a traditional clamshell form factor with a touchscreen that's there to facilitate simple taps and Start screen navigation now and then, rather than prolonged use with your fingers.
The HP Envy Spectre XT is a 13in Ultrabook that will no doubt earn its fair share of interest from users who want something small and light and which looks good, too. HP has put a big emphasis on style with this unit, some highlights being its thin, tapered edges, a chrome trim around the chassis, and a keyboard backlight that looks absolutely gorgeous when typing at night. But it's an Ultrabook that could still use some refining.
The HP Envy 6-1001tx is a large, 15.6in thin-and-light Ultrabook that has a focus on all-round computing performance. While it doesn't feature a brand new Ivy Bridge-based CPU, (instead making do with a second generation Core i5-2467M Sandy Bridge model), it's a laptop that ships with 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM, a 500GB hard drive and a discrete AMD Radeon graphics adapter.
The HP Pavilion dv6-7030tx is the high-end model in HP's dv6 range, featuring an Ivy Bridge-based Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU, 8GB of RAM and a Full HD screen. It's a laptop that's designed for home use, and especially for fun stuff, be it watching movies, editing photos or playing games. Interestingly, it's also not a very heavy notebook considering its 15.6in size -- it tips the scales at only 2.5kg.
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw color laser multifunction lacks nothing in the way of hardware features. Its connectivity and paper handling are top-notch, though its capacity is just enough for a small workgroup (the printer's intended audience). It produces exceptional photo prints for the price, and its text is also quite nice. Its biggest drawback is its pedestrian speed.
The HP Z1 workstation is one of those products that people immediately want when they first see it. It's a 27in all-in-one PC that has two important features: a high-end, workstation-class configuration, and a design that makes it very easy to service the internal components should they ever need replacing or upgrading.
The new HP Z1 Workstation is the most attractive, most powerful, and most expensive all-in-one PC I've ever seen. And that isn't an exaggeration: This all-in-one workstation, the first of its kind, has a gorgeous 27-inch edge-to-edge glass screen, packs desktop-class components, and will set you back a cool US$5673 (as configured, and as of April 10, 2012).
The HP Omni27 is an all-in-one PC that, rather refreshingly, doesn’t have a touchscreen. We know the comparison is probably hackneyed, but in many specifications it’s very similar to the 27in Apple iMac; we think that if you’re looking for an iMac without the Mac OS X trappings, you’d be well served with the Omni27. It’s a well-rounded product and has reasonable performance figures.
The HP Envy 14 Spectre is designed for users who can afford the latest styles. At $1899, it's an expensive proposition considering it's a 14in Ultrabook with an Intel Core i5 CPU at the helm. In its defence, it's a laptop that stands out in a crowd; it does look good, and it feels comfortable to use. Its looks are dominated by the use of Gorilla glass: both sides of the screen are clad with the stuff and it can even be found on the palm rest.
Hewlett-Packard has settled patent infringement complaints that it filed with the U.S. International Trade Commission against inkjet cartridge vendors, HP said Thursday.
Wondering why thin and light laptops with monster battery life haven't been a smashing success? Acer chairman J.T. Wang says Dell and HP are to blame.
Hewlett-Packard reported an 18 percent jump in profit for its fiscal fourth quarter, thanks to cost-cutting efforts and the strength of its services business.
Hewlett-Packard reported an 18 percent jump in profit for its fiscal fourth quarter, thanks in large part to the strength of its services business.
Laser printers have long been used by medium to large businesses, but they are now much more affordable for small businesses and home offices as well. These days, monochrome laser printers can be bought for as little as $100, while decent colour laser printers start from around $600.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Acer: Dell and HP are sabotaging ultra-thin laptops
- HP reports solid Q4 on services growth
- HP reports solid Q4 on services growth
- Kmart to launch HP Photo Centre 4.0 nationwide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT