Lifted by fast-growing notebook shipments, Taiwan's Acer grabbed the No. 2 spot in the global PC market for the first time over Dell, according to iSuppli.
The Royal Navy of the United Kingdom recently began issuing Sony Playstation Portable gaming devices to marine warfare engineering techs studying for their exams while on deployment.
Hewlett-Packard reported an 18 percent jump in profit for its fiscal fourth quarter, thanks to cost-cutting efforts and the strength of its services business.
Hewlett-Packard reported an 18 percent jump in profit for its fiscal fourth quarter, thanks in large part to the strength of its services business.
Dell reported third-quarter profits on Thursday that were down 54 percent from this time last year, though the company said it was encouraged by a slight uptick in sales from the prior quarter.
Sony is hoping to return its PlayStation business to profitability next year with the help of new hardware devices and expansion of its network-delivered services platform, it said Thursday.
Sony has spent years struggling to adjust to the digital age but its chief Howard Stringer Thursday sought to make the case that it has found its footing.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
Sony issued a recall for some AC adapters used with all-in-one Vaio PCs and docking stations as they pose the risk of causing electric shock, the company said.
Sony on Thursday unveiled an impressive 3D display that can be viewed from any direction. The screen, development of which was announced earlier this week, is on show until Sunday at the DC Expo in Tokyo.
Sony is offering a PlayStation 3 Slim games console free with the purchase of selected Bravia LCD televisions.
Dell next year will close its desktop computer manufacturing plant in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, as the company tightens costs in a difficult market.
Sony has developed a movie camera capable of shooting 3D images with a single lens and plans to unveil it at next week's Ceatec show in Tokyo.
The PlayStation 3 Slim gaming console from Sony Computer Entertainment is not only smaller and cheaper, but adds hardware enhancements that make it speedier, including a new Cell microprocessor.
HP today announced a partnership with retail chain Kmart which would see the printer manufacturer roll out its Retail Publishing Solutions across 184 stores nationwide. The roll-out is expected to be completed over the course of a few months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCMobile LI SMEVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSenior Sharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT