I recently visited the "Googleplex," Google's expansive headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., for an interview, and took the chance to snap a few pictures of life inside what must be one of the most entertaining workplaces in America.
The world is almost out of IP addresses--or at least it's almost out of the IPv4 addresses that IT admins and users are most familiar with. Fortunately, IPv6 has been developed to exponentially expand the pool of available IP addresses while also pro...
From Jules Verne to Stanley Kubrick and beyond, writers and artists have imagined what the future would be like. Their visions range from the comically bizarre to the uncannily accurate to the wildly optimistic (where are those jet packs they promise...
People just can't get enough of Old Spice Guy's YouTube responses to tweets from everyday users, celebrities, magazines and even Old Spice Guy's alter ego. The Internet meme kicked off last Tuesday when Old Spice's Twitter account was commandeered by...
Popular social games like Farmville, Mafia Wars and Fishville may soon be available to Google users, if recent rumors turn out to be accurate. Google has reportedly invested between US$100 and $200 million in the social gaming company Zynga, and the...
On Friday, three of Australia's largest internet service providers simultaneously announced they would filter some internet content from ever reaching their customers.
The proposed Internet filter pushed by Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has been a source of controversy in Australia. Today it was revealed that the filter will be delayed by at least 12 months, while the Government further considers exactly w...
While it's impossible to sum up the thousands of enhancements and bug fixes both big and small, the Firefox 4 beta version brings the browser that much closer to taking over everything on the desktop. There are fewer reasons for anyone to interact wi...
Quick: Who's the CEO of Facebook?
Shopping for mobile broadband can be an arduous task; with so many plans, pricing and data offers, it can quickly become confusing.
If there's any correlation between the recently killed Kin and discontinued T-Mobile Sidekick -- aside from Microsoft having a hand in both discontinued phones -- it's that they tried to distinguish themselves from both high-powered smartphones and s...
Twitter is the social networking phenomenon that allows people to express what nobody else cares about in 140 characters or less and share it with the unsuspecting masses. It's like Facebook, minus all the things that make Facebook useful and enterta...
Was Facebook ever meant to be this controversial?
While apologies from BP to the world regarding its environmental disaster and even from a U.S. Congressman to BP have stolen headlines of late, the tech industry has not been without its fair share of apologies during the first half of 2010 either.
In May, Web security consultant George Deglin discovered a cross-site scripting (XSS) exploit that involved Facebook's controversial Instant Personalization feature. The exploit ran on Yelp, one of the three sites that Facebook had selected to test I...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Advisor, Web and Social Media Channels- SEO & AnalyticsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW