Mozilla's Firefox Web browser has just hit a new milestone, reaching its 1 billionth user download.
So what's it mean for computer users now that Microsoft and Yahoo today finally are announcing their long-anticipated marriage of Microsoft's Bing search engine and Yahoo's premium search advertising tools? Will this change our lives?
Well, friends, sound the wedding bells: The longest-running courtship in the history of mankind has finally reached its climax. No July Fools' joke here -- Microsoft and Yahoo have agreed to tie the knot and form a search partnership.
Yahoo started out in 1994 as a ragtag site called "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web," named after founders Jerry Yang and David Filo who were at the time students at Stanford University.
The Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc. courtship that has been taking place on and off for the past four years had grown as tiresome as the annual Brett Favre retirement watch.
A Chicago-area woman is being sued for $50,000 by her landlord over a critical Tweet, the Chicago Sun-Times reported today. The landlord is quoted as describing itself as a "sue first and ask questions later kind of an organization." The tweet in que...
Warning: Reading this story may be hazardous to your productivity. The Web sites within may divert you from the dull tasks in need of your attention and may cause you to goof off for hours instead.
Microsoft's surprise offer last week to European Union (EU) antitrust regulators that it will give Windows users a chance to download rivals' browsers stunned some, who likened it to waving the white flag.
How does that old Jim Croce song go?
For a while there, I kinda forgot Yahoo existed. This week's news brings the company back with a vengeance.
Unless you've been living in a cave all summer like one of my friends (it's in Finland, he's an artistic genius) you've probably heard the buzz about cloud computing.
There are some fantastic tools out there that can be yours for nothing if you know where to look. We show you how to reclaim processor cycles and streamline your PC for free.
Technology journalists are often accused of blowing Twitter out of proportion, and for good reason.
A year has passed since security researcher Dan Kaminsky disclosed a serious flaw in the DNS that makes it possible for hackers to launch cache poisoning attacks, where traffic is redirected from a legitimate Web site to a fake one without the Web si...
In the early days, Gmail hooked us with its innovative features, like the way it threaded together e-mails under the same subject.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT