We all know that in the technology world, the hype about new products often doesn't match reality. So it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone as good as its hype? In particular, does iPhone's much-discussed touch-screen interface really make using the device...
For a decade, IPv6 proponents have pushed this upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol because of its three primary benefits: a gargantuan address space, end-to-end security, and easier network administration through automatic device c...
If you think migrating to IPv6 is as simple as upgrading to Microsoft Windows Vista, think again.
Like other public companies that handle credit cards, TiVo faces a double whammy: meeting the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act and the Payment Card Industry data security standard. Through a savvy combination of proactive auditor relations, aut...
My former graduate student Steven Zeligman has just submitted another article for the column. Here are his practical suggestions (with the usual editing from me) on improving the security of shopping online.
Let's face it, PCs wouldn't be even half as interesting without the Internet. Take the web out of the equation and you lose online shopping and gaming, email, music downloads and the ability to chat on Messenger. In other words, the very activities t...
Tucked into an affidavit filed by an FBI agent last month was the first hard evidence that federal agents are equipped with more than automatic pistols and handcuffs: The agency was asking a federal judge to let it infect a PC with spyware so they co...
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
At PC World, we spend most of our time talking about products that make your life easier or your work more productive. But it's the lousy ones that linger in our memory long after their shrinkwrap has shriveled, and that make tech editors cry out, "W...
Like the age of the earth or of Hollywood stars, estimates on the age of the Internet depend on whom you ask. By the calculations of one industry pioneer, this week marks the 20th birthday of the modern Internet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia