Buying a used car used to mean trekking all the way to a dealership and talking to a car salesperson; possibly one with a disturbing moustache.
Though definitions of "Internet meme" vary, it is basically a piece of digital content that spreads rapidly online, mutating as various people alter its details before passing it along via message boards, forums, or e-mail.
What do you get when you mix a tottering giant from the InterWebs' formative years with the new breed of post-first-ask-questions-later news blogs? We're about to find out, now that AOL has swallowed up TechCrunch.
Is Facebook building a phone? The company won't say for sure, but for some the idea of a Facebook phone is social networking overkill. To social butterflies, a Facebook phone is a dream come true. Here is a look at the pros and cons.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
Fight alongside or against DC Comics famous heroes and supervillains with the upcoming massively multiplayer RPG, DC Universe Online. Acclaimed comic book artist Jim Lee takes center stage as the main designer on this Sony Online Entertainment title,...
IE 9's main browser window takes minimalism to a new level.
One of the best ways to see what's changed with the ninth and newest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is to tune into beautyoftheweb.com and watch the words, images, and DIVs bounce around, luring the world into pretty images and information...
Using Twitter is like being trapped in an elevator with someone who has a severe case of attention deficit disorder and just consumed three pots of truck-stop coffee.
The code was released to the public for a new social network designed to deliver the benefits of Facebook without the privacy concerns. The project--called Diaspora--also has potential as a tool for businesses to create their own social networks, but...
In no particular order, here are 10 reasons why the PSN trumps Xbox Live. In your hearts, you know this to be true.
Twenty years ago today, a student at McGill University and some friends launched what many people consider to be the world's first Internet search engine: Archie.
Facebook has been in the media spotlight this year over privacy concerns, thanks in part cases such as the horrific murder of Sydney teenager Nona Belomesoff.
Will you ever realistically need unlimited data on your broadband plan each month? Australian ISPs AAPT, TPG and Dodo seem to think so, as they all offer unlimited broadband plans. A number of smaller ISPs also offer unlimited broadband deals.
Cyberspace can expose kids and teens to many dangerous situations. Parents should be aware of these risks and learn ways to keep their children safe.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW