Google shook the search market last week with the launch of Instant, a new feature that lets the company's search engine refresh results on the fly as people type their queries.
Last month, Google CEO Eric Schmidt said during the company's earnings call that Google had implemented about 120 search quality improvements during the third quarter as it moves toward its ultimate goal: "We want to get to the perfect search engine....
We recently got the opportunity to interview Eugene Kaspersky, the man behind Kaspersky Anti Virus. Here's what he had to say about the evolution of malware, the future of cybersecurity, the problems with the Internet, and more.
With the recent rise of Web sites such as Facebook and MySpace, it's hard to believe that just a few years ago, the tech industry, along with many investors, were taken for a loop when the dot-com bubble burst and many companies went under.
Started in a dorm room four years ago, the social networking site Facebook now claims to be the fourth most-trafficked site in the world. Ninety million active users pound on 10,000 servers every day, uploading millions and millions of pieces of info...
While perhaps best known as a major social networking site in the Web 2.0 vein, Facebook is becoming a popular place to interface with potential customers, similar to what companies such as Scribe and iLike have done. Facebook also is being viewed as...
The quest to find a good price on a high-definition television can be a frustrating and confusing experience. For most people, the process concludes with the purchase of a brand-new TV set. For Mukesh Chatter, that was just the beginning.
Facebook will roll out a dramatic redesign of its member profile interface next month and much attention is being paid to the details and to how end users and developers will react.
James Fallows, national correspondent for US publication The Atlantic Monthly, has experienced "The Great Firewall of China" firsthand, an experience people from around the world will share this summer when the Olympics comes to that country. Based i...
Educators used to follow the auto industry because that's where all the lessons came from, says Bala Iyer. Then it was Microsoft. Now it's Google. In this month's Harvard Business Review, Iyer, an associate professor of technology operations and info...
When Pakistan Telecom blocked YouTube's traffic one Sunday evening in February, the ISP created an international incident that wreaked havoc on the popular video site for more than two hours.
Almost four months after Google emerged from the background in social networking with its OpenSocial initiative, there is no shortage of skepticism around the project.
WeFi is hoping to do for Wi-Fi connectivity what Facebook has done for social networking.
Jonathan Oxer is technical director of a Web application development company called Internet Vision Technologies and for the past couple of years has been president of the Linux Australia community group. At January's Linux.conf.au in Melbourne he pr...
When Richard Jalichandra became Technorati's CEO in October, the company, a blogging and Web 2.0 pioneer, had generated enough drama in recent years to rival a soap opera.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC