An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
Broadband - News
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Networking giant, Cisco, has released its Visual Networking Index (VNI) for 2014.
Up to five smartphone plans can pool together data allowances under Optus’ new Family Sharing offering.
Optus will fend off Foxtel’s triple threat play by discounting its unlimited Internet packages by $25 a month.
An estimated 400,000 homes will have access to high speed Internet following the construction of ten satellite ground stations by NBN Co.
Civil society groups, members of the European Parliament, and the European Commission's vice president responsible for the digital single market have all called on European member states to stick with strict net neutrality rules.
In the opening keynote at the Intel Developer Forum today, Intel showed off wearable tech, Internet of Things boards, wireless charging, and it introduced the 2015 version of the Core processor, codenamed Skylake.
Vodafone pulled the plug on its bid for a chunk of the 700MHz spectrum in 2012, and is now re-allocating its existing 850MHz spectrum to compete with Telstra and Optus, both of which launched their respective 700MHz networks to limited locations earl...
SBS broke a number of its streaming service records by going all out with its Web and mobile video coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Fetch TV has launched a desktop application programmed to block all FIFA World Cup results for those of you unfortunate enough to miss out on the live action.
AusRegistry, the company tasked with operating the .au domain namespace, has dropped the price of net.au domain names to $1. The promotion will run throughout the month of May, and it has been done to encourage take-up of net.au names for Australian ...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTechnical WriterVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- CCUI UX AnalystWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW