MySpace will unveil this week a large-scale redesign that will alter major components of the social-networking site, like its home page, navigation scheme, search engine and video player.
A 22-year-old Wisconsin man has been sentenced to six months in federal prison for repeatedly posting online threats that dirty bombs were going to be detonated at football stadiums in seven states.
Despite assurances from Google and Yahoo that their online advertising deal doesn't need regulatory approval, the two companies should not be too quick to dismiss Microsoft's influence on Capitol Hill.
Opera unveiled a major update to its flagship browser that features anti-malware blocking, bookmark synchronization between devices and an improved search function built into the address bar.
Most of the attention to the recent Google/Yahoo partnership has focused on the two companies' search advertising plans, but the deal has implications for instant messaging, too. "In addition," reads the companies' press release, "Yahoo and Google ag...
A 13-year-old boy is thought to have committed suicide following an internet bullying campaign on social networking site Bebo.
IBM is shipping upgrades this month to its Web 2.0-based social networking tools for business, adding capabilities in enhanced profiling, data display and collaboration.
The T4 group has made available on its Web site presentations made by economic and telecommunications industry experts at the T4 national broadband network regulatory seminar, held in Canberra last week.
The final release of Opera 9.5 is now available to download.
Mozilla Wednesday set next Tuesday, June 17, as the release date for Firefox 3.0, the first major upgrade of the open-source browser in nearly 20 months.
The ACCC admitted last week to a Senate standing committee that the operational separation legislation introduced in 2005 to control anti-competitive behaviour by Telstra has failed.
Telstra has done a back flip on its ADSL2+ broadband wholesale strategy and announced it will allow ISPs access to the network.
Microsoft is making some improvements to Internet Explorer that it hopes will make deploying and managing the browser easier for IT professionals.
The Web sites of three of the security industry's best-known companies include security flaws that could be used to launch scams against customers, according to a new report.
The challenge of the Web is to build a system that enables people to creatively solve problems that they couldn't solve on their own, said Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web and director of the World Wide Web Consortium.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Cisco releases VNI for 2014-2019
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW